Richard Pitino to be on Tim Brando Show Today

UofMdad

Reaction score
Jon Rothstein hosting the Tim Brando Show today at 10am CDT. He will interview our coach Rich Pitino and Jerry Tipton!! Be there or be square

Damn, was hoping Brando would actually be on since he went ballistic when Tubby was fired.

Oh geez - does Coach P know about his meltdown over Tubby's firing.

I'm square. Can a circle, triangle or any non-square please post the interview highlights? Thanks.

I'm square. Can a circle, triangle or any non-square please post the interview highlights? Thanks.

Interview Notes:

Jon mentions the emotional week Rich has had. Rich responds "there will never be another week like that ever again." "Couple days before that gets hired at a unbelievable place, Minnesota great fan base, great conference and great AD. Couldn't be more excited."

Jon: What would you think your response would be a year ago, if I told you you would have the job in the B1G 10?"

Rich: I probably would have laughed at you. funny, it's interesting how sports happen. you let it come to you, you continue to do your job, do it the right way, work extremely hard. I'm extremely fortunate and extremely lucky. Actually on the way to the airport to head to Minnesota.

Jon: What do you know right now, that you didn't know a year ago?

Rich: Coaching this year helped a lot walking the sidelines, . a lot of things working for Billy and my dad, preparing practice, running a program, individual workouts etc. Can't prepare you for walking the sidelines. Coaching in big games, on the road, tournament. Those are all big things.

Rich: Mn is an attractive place, historic arena in Williams Arena, great fanbase, terrific city in the Twin Cities, the people make it attractive. So many things to sell

Jon: Midwest: will you change recruiting styles?

Rich: Got to get that right. Staff is key, have to get the right pieces in play, successful programs have great staff, that is very much a priority for me right now.

Interview Notes:

Jon mentions the emotional week Rich has had. Rich responds "there will never be another week like that ever again." "Couple days before that gets hired at a unbelievable place, Minnesota great fan base, great conference and great AD. Couldn't be more excited."

Jon: What would you think your response would be a year ago, if I told you you would have the job in the B1G 10?"

Rich: I probably would have laughed at you. funny, it's interesting how sports happen. you let it come to you, you continue to do your job, do it the right way, work extremely hard. I'm extremely fortunate and extremely lucky. Actually on the way to the airport to head to Minnesota.

Rich: Coaching this year helped a lot walking the sidelines, . a lot of things working for Billy and my dad, preparing practice, running a program, individual workouts etc. Can't prepare you for walking the sidelines. Coaching in big games, on the road, tournament. Those are all big things.

Rich: Mn is an attractive place, historic arena in Williams Arena, great fanbase, terrific city in the Twin Cities, the people make it attractive. So many things to sell

Rich: Got to get that right. Staff is key, have to get the right pieces in play, successful programs have great staff, that is very much a priority for me right now.

Awesome. Thanks!!

Interview Notes:

Thanks for taking the time to post this, dude!

Oh god he almost *&^#s up by saying Mississippi rather than Minnesota.

Top Bottom