Richard Moll, who found fame as a bailiff on the sitcom 'Night Court,' dies

Such a great, underrated sitcom-I haven’t watched it in years but I have to think it still holds up with that wonderful ensemble cast. I remember reading somewhere long ago that the dual sitcoms of Night Court and Barney Miller portrayed the cop/judicial life of NYC better than any of the cop dramas, except Hill Street Blues.

Moll had a long list of credits. did a lot of voice work in animation, including voicing "Two-Face" in some Batman animation.

He also played an evil wizard in the cult classic "The Sword and the Sorcerer." (the one with the cool three-bladed sword)

and he was the evil immortal in the pilot episode of the "Highlander" TV series. (spoiler - he lost his head....)

Such a great, underrated sitcom-I haven’t watched it in years but I have to think it still holds up with that wonderful ensemble cast. I remember reading somewhere long ago that the dual sitcoms of Night Court and Barney Miller portrayed the cop/judicial life of NYC better than any of the cop dramas, except Hill Street Blues.

Night Court was just plain great. And yes, very underrated.

And SON, just stop it already. He was Bull, and only Bull; don't try to tell us anything more

Not to be flippant, but when I heard "Bull" passed away, my mind jumped to Greg Luzinski first and then Leon Durham. Both still are alive.

I definitely enjoyed Night Court when it originally aired, I thought it was well executed with a great ensemble cast, including Moll. It fit in well with NBCs power house comedy lineup.

Moll was also in a very solid horror flick called "House" that was underrated IMO.

Top Bottom