Richard Lewis, the stand-up comedian who also starred alongside Larry David in “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” has died. He was 76.

I was thinking when he was on Curb a couple weeks ago, that was it. He looked rough

I was thinking when he was on Curb a couple weeks ago, that was it. He looked rough
Bummer news. Part of the plot was that he put Larry in his will in that episode. In real life those 2 knew each other when they were kids.

Saget was funnier than this guy. Drew Carey was funnier than this guy. Paul Riser…..it’s a draw.

Never watched one minute of "Curb" but Richard Lewis was a funny dude. I liked his work. Not a huge fan, but a fan.

RIP, Richard.

The world is a much less neurotic place today and that's a shame.

Didn't realize he was that old for some reason. RIP

Larry David's statement:
“Richard and I were born three days apart in the same hospital and for most of my life he’s been like a brother to me,” David wrote in a statement Wednesday, shared by HBO. “He had that rare combination of being the funniest person and also the sweetest. But today he made me sob and for that I’ll never forgive him.”

About 20 years ago (?), when I was still living in the Twin Cities and commuting to work, I'd listen to the KQ morning show with Tom Barnard. Honestly, by the time they had Richard Lewis on for a morning interview, Barnard's schtick and constant negativity and bullying was wearing thin--I'm not sure why I continued to listen outside of habit/hate listening. Lewis was interviewed in person one morning and it was like an atomic bomb of insults directed all around, but primarily at Barnard. Lewis ended up leaving the studio and had stunned everyone--Barnard was left dumbstruck and for the next few minutes they lambasted Lewis for being unprofessional and a jerk.

A commercial break came and I flipped the dial to 93X, where Lewis was also in studio and could not have been sweeter and funnier with the hosts. It made Lewis ever-endearing to me from that day forward and it was always a highlight when he appeared on Curb.

Classic Curb scene, sadly two have passed:

Go Curb!!
"Chaplin was a pole dancer?"

"Have you set aside a day where you're going to look at her face?"

"She gives to charity? What does she give, her milk?"

OMG, that scene, that episode, so GD funny.

Classic Curb scene, sadly two have passed:

Go Curb!!
When Lewis & David were in the restroom and had a chance encounter with Muggsy Bogues causing Larry to fake a heart attack was pretty pretty pretty good.

Last edited:

About 20 years ago (?), when I was still living in the Twin Cities and commuting to work, I'd listen to the KQ morning show with Tom Barnard. Honestly, by the time they had Richard Lewis on for a morning interview, Barnard's schtick and constant negativity and bullying was wearing thin--I'm not sure why I continued to listen outside of habit/hate listening. Lewis was interviewed in person one morning and it was like an atomic bomb of insults directed all around, but primarily at Barnard. Lewis ended up leaving the studio and had stunned everyone--Barnard was left dumbstruck and for the next few minutes they lambasted Lewis for being unprofessional and a jerk.

A commercial break came and I flipped the dial to 93X, where Lewis was also in studio and could not have been sweeter and funnier with the hosts. It made Lewis ever-endearing to me from that day forward and it was always a highlight when he appeared on Curb.
I hated the KQ morning show with a passion. Never before have I heard so many unfunny people at the same time. My job right out of high school played KQ every minute of every day. Torture.

Loved Richard Lewis since I first saw him on Letterman. RIP.

I hated the KQ morning show with a passion. Never before have I heard so many unfunny people at the same time. My job right out of high school played KQ every minute of every day. Torture.
I was a big Mei Young fan, but you would have had to work the overnights or weekends to listen to her. I not only liked her as a DJ, but also because she was on the air when I won REM tickets.
Loved Richard Lewis since I first saw him on Letterman. RIP.
Same, that's where I was first familiar with him.

I was a big Mei Young fan, but you would have had to work the overnights or weekends to listen to her. I not only liked her as a DJ, but also because she was on the air when I won REM tickets.

Same, that's where I was first familiar with him.
I remember that name. I liked her voice.

Seems weird KQ was giving away REM tickets.

I remember that name. I liked her voice.

Seems weird KQ was giving away REM tickets.
In hindsight, yes, though there was enough mainstream break through from Document to Green, that they were on the KQ playlists.

By the release of Out to Time I had moved on to other stations on the FM dial, so I can't really comment on if they stayed in the rotation.

First Richard Lewis appearance on Letterman.

Top Bottom