review of stadium

skoalvikings

Reaction score
Rick, from the great twinsballpark2010 site has a review up of TCF.
http://www.twinsballpark2010.com/TCFBankStadium.html

The picture of the concourse during halftime of a poorly attended scrimmage has me very worried. One of the worst things about the Dome was the crowded concourses. I guess we'll only know on Sept 12. Can't wait!

Stadium looks great.

Can't wait for October 3rd.

I might even check out the Air Force game.

I'm worried about the concourse as well. It got pretty crowded at halftime of a 15k scrimmage. Now granted...1) The traffic still flowed much better than the dome (no gridlock) 2) People were probably taking their merry time looking around.

But when you add 35k more people in the stadium on 9/12 I'm not convinced that we won't have a traffic problem.

2) People were probably taking their merry time looking around.

I think you hit on the issue. It's doubtful people went straight for the exits when they left. They were walking around checking out the scenery.

I do think it will be very crowded, but they key will be whether or not it flows.

I'm worried about the concourse as well. It got pretty crowded at halftime of a 15k scrimmage. Now granted...1) The traffic still flowed much better than the dome (no gridlock) 2) People were probably taking their merry time looking around.

But when you add 35k more people in the stadium on 9/12 I'm not convinced that we won't have a traffic problem.

Hopefully they won't be a problem, but I have a feeling concourses in stadiums are like highways, they will always find a way to be busy no matter how big you build em.

I ran into 2 people because I was looking up at all of the photos and banners. I imagine a lot of people were just standing looking around and taking it in. I really don't think they could have made the concourse any bigger though.

I ran into 2 people because I was looking up at all of the photos and banners. I imagine a lot of people were just standing looking around and taking it in. I really don't think they could have made the concourse any bigger though.

I'm not concerned about the size of the single concourse, but that they only really built one that will be usable this year.

I'm not concerned about the size of the single concourse, but that they only really built one that will be usable this year.

One thing I noticed, becasue it is so wide, there are no pervasive lanes of traffic (i.e. people walk in both directions everywhere). It seemed at the dome you had some lanes (walk with the walls on your right).

Um, the main concourse is it until the expand. It's not just this year.
Hopefully they won't be a problem, but I have a feeling concourses in stadiums are like highways, they will always find a way to be busy no matter how big you build em.
Exactly.

Halftime will be the busiest as folks queue up in line for food en mass. But before/after the game should be ok as people enter/exit through the appropriate gates. And traffic flow should get better as people stop rubbernecking how cool everything is.

I agree with the thoughts about the concourse. I wish we could get some more utility out of the upper walkway.

But, I do agree that people were just roaming around a lot on Saturday. I did two complete laps inside the stadium as well as one complete lap outside. As people get used to where they are going and stop sight-seeing within the stadium things should move fine.

agree

I agree with the thoughts about the concourse. I wish we could get some more utility out of the upper walkway.

But, I do agree that people were just roaming around a lot on Saturday. I did two complete laps inside the stadium as well as one complete lap outside. As people get used to where they are going and stop sight-seeing within the stadium things should move fine.

I spent time wandering around the concourse for no other reason that to see the sights. I spent time in areas of the stadium I may not visit again this season, just to get a feel for the whole thing. There will be traffic, but I don't think it will be an issue like it was at the Dome.

Top Bottom