Reusse says he'd take Bielema as his coach any day

Stan

Reaction score
Is Pat playing college football now?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I suggest that old Fat Pat take a job in Arkansas so Bielema woulkd then be his coach.

I would, too. I know that will make me a pariah here. But there you go.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Of course he would write that.

It'll will get him clicks.

If Burt were actually the coach of The University of Minnesota, what would his reaction have been to this photo of a shirtless Burt (full as a tick) holding what looks like a "pinkie"?
bret-bielema-shirtless.jpg

Can you imagine the scorching article he would have written had Bert exhibited this behavior as a coach of The "U"?
Link

If you never click on a FatPrick link, or listen to his show, he will disappear like he should have long ago.

Go choke on a bielema, Reusse.

And yes, I understand I've just done you a favor by bringing this to the top of the forum by posting this. Since I know you'll read this, you twisted ****...you've lost any credibility you had garnered in your career.

Reusse has become such an internet troll, it's kind of sad.

Bielema is a crazy person, but good coach.

He knows that Gopher fans dislike the guy - that is the only reason for the opinion. We could all band together and say we hate skinny people, and Pat would miraculously lose all his excess weight.

He knows that Gopher fans dislike the guy - that is the only reason for the opinion. We could all band together and say we hate skinny people, and Pat would miraculously lose all his excess weight.

I think it's more a combination of Gophers fans hating Bielema, plus the fact that he's a better coach than any the Gophers have hired in a very long time.

I think it's more a combination of Gophers fans hating Bielema, plus the fact that he's a better coach than any the Gophers have hired in a very long time.

Disagree, Bielema entered a far better situation than any gopher coach. I would take Mason, Brewster (Brewster would have been a huge success with Alvarez as AD) and Kill over Bielema any day of the week.

Disagree, Bielema entered a far better situation than any gopher coach. I would take Mason, Brewster (Brewster would have been a huge success with Alvarez as AD) and Kill over Bielema any day of the week.

Umm Brewster isn't better coach than bielma

x2 Trolling for a living. What a useful job. lol

Thank goodness he will not be a candidate for the AD job.

So Brewster has the ability to turn around an SEC school in the 'toughest division in college football' too? :rolleyes: Those coaches all are better people than Bielema, but none of them are better coaches.

2002 Houston Nutt 9–5 5–3 T-1st

2003 Houston Nutt 9–4 4–4 4th

2004 Houston Nutt 5–6 3–5 T-3rd

2005 Houston Nutt 4–7 2–6 4th

2006 Houston Nutt 10–4 7–1 1st

2007 Houston Nutt 8–5 4–4 T-3rd

2008 Bobby Petrino 5–7 4–4 T-5th

2009 Bobby Petrino 8–5 3–5 T-4th

2010 Bobby Petrino 10–3 6–2 T-2nd

2011 Bobby Petrino 11–2 6–2 3rd

2012 John L. Smith 4–8 2–6 6th

2013 Bret Bielema 3–9 0–8 7th

2014 Bret Bielema 7–6 2–6 7th

2015 Bret Bielema 8–5 5–3 3rd

That is quite the turnaround.

So Brewster has the ability to turn around an SEC school in the 'toughest division in college football' too? :rolleyes: Those coaches all are better people than Bielema, but none of them are better coaches.

At face value I can't argue against your point.

Mason did more with less; it's a testament to his coaching ability that he was able to make the gophers relevant with the recruiting difficulties he was faced with (metrodome). Mason's run game with the Badger oline would have been legendary.

Brewster was a classic recruiter (Kill won more with Brewster players than his own), if he would have had an AD like Alvarez giving him direction than an incompetent and road block like Maturi he would have had far better success. Alvarez mentored Bret, protected Bret and more importantly handed him two very good coordinators and a great staff (lack of staff retention cost Brewster) Players did not like Bret, they did like Barry and Barry smoothed many things over for Bret. Bret should have and would have been fired shortly into his coaching career if it were not for Barry. Mistakes Brewster made early in his career (he didn't balance his classes and made internal enemies) are what got him fired later.

Kill would still be coaching because he would have to do far less work. Barry would have taken care if the money, boosters and facilities. Kill could have just coached, and I would have loved to see what he would have accomplished with that level of talent.

Agree 100%. Bret was surrounded with very talented coaches (Chryst, Doreen, et al), and with strong leadership above. Wisky was successful despite Bret being at the helm.

I liken Bret to Lovie Smith. A complete f'ng buffoon as a head coach, but smart enough to surround himself with good coaches.

"Turn around"

Arkansas football 3 years before BB: 25-13 (14-10 SEC)
Arkansas football 3 years of BB: 18-20 (7-17 SEC)

What a miracle worker!

Man that is some low effort clickbait by Pat.

Pat would be offended and outraged 2 days into the Bert era, that's the only reason I think he'd want him to make his job easier.

Is Pat playing college football now?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I would rather have Charles Manson than Bret as coach. Charles has a better personility.

Kill won more with Brewster players than his own.

No, he didn't.

The Citrus Bowl team was made up almost entirely of Kill recruits.

The previous Texas Bowl teams were cobbled together classes.

This past year was a cluster of injuries and Kill's retirement.

You better go look again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You better go look again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of the major contributors from Kill's first recruiting class (2011) committed after Kill took over. That included Cobb, Cockran, Thompson, Goodger and Wells. There were actually very few of Brewster's recruits that contributed to last season's team. Epping, Tommy Olson, and Campion are a few guys that stand out. But most everyone else was recruited by Kill and his staff.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2011/minnesota-31

Top Bottom