Reusse: I need help understanding P.J. Fleck, and I found it at St. Thomas

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Pat:

I have no interest in boat-rowing or forget about me, I love you. Just tell me if the hay’s in the barn.

Yet Fleck, a wind storm of grand thoughts with no commas, has caused such a stir among Minnesotans that I decided to try to understand the rhetoric. The only coach I knew with a chance to explain was Glenn Caruso, 33 when hired and now looking toward his 10th season at St. Thomas.

Caruso’s success has come in building a national contender in Division III. You can diminish that if you choose, but in Caruso’s nine seasons at St. Thomas, there have been five schools to play in the championship Stagg Bowl and the Tommies have been there twice.

He has put the Tommies in an exclusive club, and has done so with a philosophy that sounds similar (although with fewer trivialities) to Fleck’s.

Family. Service. Culture. What’s that all about, coach?

Asked for his early impression of Hurricane Fleck, Caruso said:

“His energy is great, that’s obvious. Time will tell you everything. This is Minnesota, a land where farmers put a seed in the ground in the spring and wait six months to see how it grows.

“People want to reach instant conclusions on the new coach. I’d say, ‘Relax, guys, see how it grows.’”

http://www.startribune.com/reusse-i...-fleck-and-i-found-it-at-st-thomas/410410745/

Go Gophers!!

Pat needed to go to head coach at St. Thomas to understand the notion of relax, wait, and see? Granted I didn't read the article, didn't want to waste one of my 10 articles on something Pat wrote, but come on that just reeks of some incredibly lazy writing, even for him.

Pat needed to go to head coach at St. Thomas to understand the notion of relax, wait, and see? Granted I didn't read the article, didn't want to waste one of my 10 articles on something Pat wrote, but come on that just reeks of some incredibly lazy writing, even for him.

It's a bit. You really need to get a little thicker skin. Didn't read the article? Then you're the lazy one.

I feel the same way...

When you've nothing that you can come up with on your own, point the Buick Regal over to St. Paul and get the insight of a DIII coach who has every advantage under the sun when compared to his competition....

Expect a follow up story on what the Miesville Mud Hens town ball coach thinks.

I agree. This site should be a Gopher safe zone. I don't feel comfortable here with articles that are pure propaganda for anti-Gopher media which is hell bent on destroying the football program.

I don't see it as lazy writing, at all. Pat has enough humility to admit he doesn't understand the hype around Fleck, so he goes to someone who can help him with his perspective.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I don't understand Pat. I think it goes like this...

If some D3 school does X: Pat thinks it's great.

If the U does X: Pat sharpens the daggers.

Top Bottom