Reusse: Gophers beat Nebraska? Truly, anything is possible.

Gophers - Reusse makes an attempt at being a real journalist - Truly anything is possible

Highway is right, don't click on him or anything else Strib related until Soupcan is gone.

Go Gophers

Give it a rest you guys. Learn how to take a compliment. Learn how to take yes for an answer.

You rip him all the time for being negative. Now you rip him for being positive. It says alot about you if you have to rip someone for writing a positive story about your team.

Are you ever satisfied? Geeze.

Indeed! +1

Give it a rest you guys. Learn how to take a compliment. Learn how to take yes for an answer.

You rip him all the time for being negative. Now you rip him for being positive. It says alot about you if you have to rip someone for writing a positive story about your team.

Oh for christ sake what BS. Who's ripping him for saying something positive? You want to bitch at us so you're fabricating now. I'll allow that nothing in the article (only read what was posted here) bothered me which is a real event as far as Pat is concerned but that doesn't suddenly make him "one of us" or erase years of him antagonizing the program, the U and us. Far as I'm concerned he can stay on the outside looking in. Appears to me you'd rip us for agreeing with him and rip us for disagreeing with him. But thanks for posting Pat.

Enjoy a winning team. They are bitter at everyone. People need to learn to say thank you for being praised instead of telling the complimentor to f-off.

When you tell your wife she's pretty do you expect her to tell you to kick rocks? No. She will almost always say thank with words, or if you're lucky, through deeds. :)

Depends. What have you been telling her for the last 20 years?

Which will take longer, the Gophers learning how to win, or Gopherholers learning how to enjoy a winning team?

Equally annoying are those who take the opinions/posts of a few and assume most everyone feels that way.

Enjoy a winning team. They are bitter at everyone. People need to learn to say thank you for being praised instead of telling the complimentor to f-off.

When you tell your wife she's pretty do you expect her to tell you to kick rocks? No. She will almost always say thank with words, or if you're lucky, through deeds. :)

What fantasy marriage are you living in?

+1

Good one and I agree.

Per Iowa and Michigan (in response to killme), I was very disappointed by the Iowa game because they took us to the woodshed physically and I thought that a troubling sign (and I don't consider myself to be a particularly uneducated fan)... I thought the Gophers would go toe-to-toe with them in that particular game and I was disappointed that they were pretty much manhandled. Everything in Michigan improved except the score and the only disappointing thing about that game is that it showed the difference in athletic caliber between the teams, especially at the skilled positions.

The Kill regime promised the kids would play hard and wouldn't leave anything on the field. The thing that bothered me about the Iowa game is I felt that they did leave something on the field.

Your view points are valid, 50, and I think we saw some of the same things in the Iowa game. I worried we were going to be physically overwhelmed in the B1G. Then, the coach's comments after the game indicated it was technique errors and even suggested the team was too jacked. Subsequently, they have been arguably the more physical team in the last three games, and you're right: Michigan's skill position players made plays. But, I no longer am concerned we can't lineup and compete. And, given another shot at Iowa at their place or Michigan at TCF and I'd wager we could win.

So, my point was that it appeared Iowa was bigger, stronger, tougher and I don't think our coaches feel that way. So, I think they know more than me...

And I think you meant the regime promised the kids "would leave everything" on the field. I think they did against Iowa, but expended their energy unwisely. I think the staff is asking the players to trust the techniques they're taught, do their jobs (not someone else's), and play hard and good things will come. And, the recent message that I think is KEY and shouldn't be overlooked is all the emphasis on having fun. I think mostly these Gophers would go through a wall for Killer and that bodes very well for the future.

Top Bottom