Reusse column: Weber wants to play, so he should

"An NFL scout watching Saturday night's 52-10 loss to Ohio State offered this opinion: There were four Minnesota players that would have been qualified to be on the field for a competitive Big Ten team.

Not qualified to play for Ohio State ... qualified to have significant playing time for a middle-of-the-pack Big Ten team."

Yet so many people were convinced we'd made great strides with recruiting, and the program was in great shape for the future. Weird.

"An NFL scout watching Saturday night's 52-10 loss to Ohio State offered this opinion: There were four Minnesota players that would have been qualified to be on the field for a competitive Big Ten team.

Not qualified to play for Ohio State ... qualified to have significant playing time for a middle-of-the-pack Big Ten team."

Yet so many people were convinced we'd made great strides with recruiting, and the program was in great shape for the future. Weird.

but... but... but... Brewster was a great recruiter.... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why I clicked on that. It seems like he should have more football knowledge after covering it for so many years... I don't know, maybe he does but it just doesn't come out in his typical tabloid-style of journalism. He spends 90% of his articles trying to be controversial and then he drops a few football terms in there to make himself sound knowledgeable.

"[Insert coach's name] is a fraud and a cheat."
"[Insert fan base] have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to [insert controversial decision]."
"[Insert athlete's name] is here for [insert common knowledge of athlete's abilities]."

Wash, rinse, repeat. He's old news.

Top Bottom