Reusse column: If you underestimate Sid, it's at your own risk

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Reusse:

I was talking with Jerry Kill on Friday and he said: “I don’t watch much TV, but I never miss that show with Sid and you fellows on Sunday night.” And then the Gophers football coach started laughing.

We can all agree hearing loss is no fun. That didn’t stop this recent moment on “The Sports Show’’ from being funny.

Sid was wearing a high-tech amplifier to assist with his hearing. He told Mike Max, the moderator, that he wanted to come back from a break with a plug for this device.

We returned with Sid profusely thanking the people behind this remarkable device for their assistance. So, Max asked a follow-up question and Sid offered his familiar, “Huh?”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/259684211.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Bleed, you left out the best part of the article.

"Sid and I have been regulars at the same grocery store in Golden Valley for years. On numerous occasions, I would be saluted at the deli counter or checkout line with, “Your buddy Sid was just in here.”

My response: “Did he congratulate you for excellent service?”

Their response: “He told me to hurry up.”

So Sid is dying? Usual article.

I have compassion for old people. I give Sid a lot of credit for his ability to keep doing what he loves. Is he a crabby old man sure... but wow what a impressive career I think anyone of us would love at that age to be able to do what we still love.

I have compassion for old people. I give Sid a lot of credit for his ability to keep doing what he loves. Is he a crabby old man sure... but wow what a impressive career I think anyone of us would love at that age to be able to do what we still love.

Yes, we do love it. :cool:

Sid isn't crabby because he's old. He's always been this way, so we don't need to make excuses for him just because he's ancient.

Bleed, you left out the best part of the article.

"Sid and I have been regulars at the same grocery store in Golden Valley for years. On numerous occasions, I would be saluted at the deli counter or checkout line with, “Your buddy Sid was just in here.”

My response: “Did he congratulate you for excellent service?”

Their response: “He told me to hurry up.”

Was listening to Reusse on Sid's B-day & he said to honor the occasion he was greeting all fans & strangers just as Sid does by saying "Get the F away from me!", lol

Sid isn't crabby because he's old. He's always been this way, so we don't need to make excuses for him just because he's ancient.

He's a dick, but he's our dick. In a world of boring, dime-a-dozen sports personalities Sid is remarkably different & has earned the right to be Sid.

Yeah, I hope at 93 that I can still get it up ;-)

I expect before Sid gets up he first checks the obituaries and if name is not there he then gets up. We may make fun of him but he still doing what he loves to do. That says a lot.

Top Bottom