Reusse and Judd have podcast about GopherHole!

I really tried to listen to that podcast while working. I made it through 35 minutes of nothing but bitching, moaning and criticizing different things. It put me in a bad mood. Do people actually listen to that garbage?
Think of how many posters came out of the woodwork here as soon as we lost a couple games. This stuff is right up their alley. They live for the negativity.

Reusse lacks both talent and effort. And this trolling thing he does only works with a certain level of intelligence that he also can't manage. So good for him. Second rate satire with the occasional well written article will keep him employed....but most people will continue to not give a shit about what he writes or records.

I really tried to listen to that podcast while working. I made it through 35 minutes of nothing but bitching, moaning and criticizing different things. It put me in a bad mood. Do people actually listen to that garbage?
Yes. It had that get off of my lawn feel with a squeeze of woe is me.

Think of how many posters came out of the woodwork here as soon as we lost a couple games. This stuff is right up their alley. They live for the negativity.
Spot on. After a Gopher loss, I am sure to get the "PJ, or Morgan, or The Offense Sucks" texts. After a win...nothing.

Reusse lacks both talent and effort. And this trolling thing he does only works with a certain level of intelligence that he also can't manage. So good for him. Second rate satire with the occasional well written article will keep him employed....but most people will continue to not give a shit about what he writes or records.
No, Reusse has talent. He's an extremely talented writer. But at age 77 or so, he's just coasting, and has been for about the last decade. I'm surprised he hasn't retired at this point, but I suppose he keeps getting paid without having to work very hard.

Nope. Not going to listen to him. He feeds on negativity, therefore I want nothing to do with it.

I listened to the podcast in question.

a lot of this comes down to a tweet of Reusse's where he referred to Fleck as "cowardly." Which resulted in a lot of people, including Gopher Holers, going after him.

Reusse made it clear that he was not attacking Fleck as a person. the "cowardly" reference was about how Fleck approached the Iowa game with an extremely conservative game plan that did not trust AK to throw the ball.

In other words, Reusse said exactly what a lot of people on GH have been saying - that they want Fleck to open up the offense. he just said it in a more blunt or provocative fashion.

the podcast also got into Fleck's "you wanted me fired" comment.

a lot of this comes down to a tweet of Reusse's where he referred to Fleck as "cowardly." Which resulted in a lot of people, including Gopher Holers, going after him.

Reusse made it clear that he was not attacking Fleck as a person. the "cowardly" reference was about how Fleck approached the Iowa game with an extremely conservative game plan that did not trust AK to throw the ball.

In other words, Reusse said exactly what a lot of people on GH have been saying - that they want Fleck to open up the offense. he just said it in a more blunt or provocative fashion.

Reusse likes to argue things in a very juvenile fashion... very unprofessional choice of words for a supposed professional.

I don't think he's referring to actual posts on the GH message board so much as he is referring to Twitter accounts who comment on his Tweets. Judd is the one who called these folks "Gopherholers" at the start, and I think that was it.

This is why old people shouldn't be on social media.

Only Fat Pat would mock PJ for the "wanted me fired" comment while complaining on a podcast about criticisms from a message board. Hey fat lazy pot, meet kettle.

I don't think he's referring to actual posts on the GH message board so much as he is referring to Twitter accounts who comment on his Tweets. Judd is the one who called these folks "Gopherholers" at the start, and I think that was it.
They both read Gopherhole a lot. I forget her name now, but the writer for the Strib used to essentially steal Gopherhole posts and turn them into articles.

I would do that nonstop. Ideas for articles don't need to be anything special, just something the average person would click on. Then you take the idea and flesh it out. That's pretty much the job.

Did someone say Barreiro?

Kind of funny. Judd brings up Dylan Wright, pronouncing his first name correctly (Day-lan). Reusse 'corrects' him incorrectly, telling him it's Dill-on. Makes a fool of himself

Russe's picture has honored our tailgate lots on the "Reusse memorial" Porta John's before it is not beneath me to make this happen again. This picture may adorne some porta john's next year in multiple lot's if he keeps jawing at us Gopherholer's on Twitter. That's probably what he want's though he like's taunting Gopher football fans and Gopherholer's in general, likes the clicks and the attention.

I’ve been saying the same thing as long as I’ve been on GH. Reusse’s job is to get people talking about and clicking on his articles. If he ever needs a “boost” he just rips on the Gophers and the GHers give him exactly what he wants. Like it or not, Gopher football fans are incredibly sensitive and Pat knows how to exploit it.

The "headline" of the podcast is pretty misleading. His big beef is the bragging about 9 wins, which is Gophers PR not "gopherholers" and PJ's complaining about "you all wanted me fired". I guess he argued with a few folks on Twitter about calling PJ a "coward" for the conservative play-calling against Iowa, but it's much ado about nothing.

Top Bottom