Reusse: 2-year extension for Tubby is coming

OK So let's renegotiate:

$1m Base

$400k for 10 BIG Wins

$350k for BIG Reg Champioinship

$200k for Big Ten Tourney Championshiop (combines making NCAA Tourney Automatically)

$100k for any recruiting class staying together (less any NBA Draftees that leave early) that said class combines for winning BIG Record (payable on a sliding four year scale)

$50k for graduation rate exceeding BIG average

$1Mil in deferred compensation that is used to purchase stock for Facebook; thus yielding $20 mil & naming rights to the "Tubby Smith Practice Facility." 5 years from now we can break ground on it.

OK So let's renegotiate:

$1m Base

$400k for 10 BIG Wins

$350k for BIG Reg Champioinship

$200k for Big Ten Tourney Championshiop (combines making NCAA Tourney Automatically)

$100k for any recruiting class staying together (less any NBA Draftees that leave early) that said class combines for winning BIG Record (payable on a sliding four year scale)

$50k for graduation rate exceeding BIG average

$1Mil in deferred compensation that is used to purchase stock for Facebook; thus yielding $20 mil & naming rights to the "Tubby Smith Practice Facility." 5 years from now we can break ground on it.

A guy from Wisconsin with the monicker "Crackhouse" is handling negotiations for the Gophers. Gotta love this site.

A guy from Wisconsin with the monicker "Crackhouse" is handling negotiations for the Gophers. Gotta love this site.

Definitely an upgrade from when we had a former associate athletics director from Wisconsin with a mind like he came out of a crackhouse doing it.

I have to believe Tubby would not accept such an incentive heavy contract. He is going to demand what he is already getting, or at least very close to it.

I have to believe Tubby would not accept such an incentive heavy contract. He is going to demand what he is already getting, or at least very close to it.
Then he is a fool. Past two years he hasn't shown that he deserves the base pay he has now.

If true, I hope the buyout is low. This is going to end badly.

Thanks, glad my internet 'handle' qualifies me to do so in your eyes. Try challenging my ideas next time.

I would agree. This is purely hypothetical. But I thought it was an intriguing idea when I had 5 mins to waste at work and was tired of talking about Braun.

I don't think he would either, which is too bad. If he is confident he will win, then I think it would be bode well for his relationship with recruits to be able to say "I am so confident this program can turn a corner that I basically staked my salary on it".

per Shooter:

"Tubby Smith's agent isn't thrilled about the delay in giving the Gophers men's basketball coach a contract extension, but he still is expected to get a new two-year deal. He's currently signed through 2013-14 at $1.9 million annually."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_20046079

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

"Tubby Smith's agent isn't thrilled about the delay in giving the Gophers men's basketball coach a contract extension, but he still is expected to get a new two-year deal. He's currently signed through 2013-14 at $1.9 million annually."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_20046079

Go Gophers!!

Fans aren't thrilled with his *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty team.

Top Bottom