Returning Playas for 2024-25

What in the past 3 seasons makes you believe Ben will play 10 guys regularly or play ferocious defense? He never uses more than 7, and the defense last year was pretty bad. The last 6 games of the regular season it was awful.
I am convinced that We will see more guys get quality minutes for the following reasons. First there will be wide open competition for all starting spots, except Garcia, and their backups. That’s potentially 9 players. Plus, there is no way that the experienced newbies are coming here to ride the pine and see Ben use 6-7 guys. From what I have seen, thus far none of the newbies have a big dog pedigree thus likely won’t be all BIG types. I see a better D as we should not be worn down. I think Rigsby will surprise on D

I am convinced that We will see more guys get quality minutes for the following reasons. First there will be wide open competition for all starting spots, except Garcia, and their backups. That’s potentially 9 players. Plus, there is no way that the experienced newbies are coming here to ride the pine and see Ben use 6-7 guys. From what I have seen, thus far none of the newbies have a big dog pedigree thus likely won’t be all BIG types. I see a better D as we should not be worn down. I think Rigsby will surprise on D
I agree. Guys aren't going to transfer in here if they don't think they are going to play. But at the same time none of these guys are/were true stars to the point where they would expect to come in and get tons of minutes as well.

Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out in regards to how the playing time is distributed.

This delusion needs to stop. Even if 100% of our scarce NIL funds were dedicated to only Ken Evans, I'd still consider us an underdog to get him.

What is Easy There Pilgrim’s original name? Trying to figure out why I ignored him.

Yep. Last year we had 4 guys that all thought they could be the guy: Hawkins, Payne, Garcia and Christie. All were better on the offensive end than the defensive end- with the possible exception of Payne. Other than Garcia, there is no star on this coming year's squad.

Our strength was good shooting (not great but better than average) and our weaknesses were the inability to drive to the basket and defense. Patterson, Rigsby and Odukale are definite defensive upgrades and all can finish at the rim as well. Patterson and Odukale got to the free throw line at nearly double the rate per minute that Hawkins and Christie did as a combo. We should be a better rebounding club as well.

This delusion needs to stop. Even if 100% of our scarce NIL funds were dedicated to only Ken Evans, I'd still consider us an underdog to get him.
I am ok with being underdog!

I think MN is done team building. Maybe get reserves for practice squad. Questions for upcoming season:

How much better will MN defend?
Will the new guards be able to handle the ball calmly without turning it?
Will MN have enough presence at the 5 position scoring?
How much more is MN going to get to the line and is it going to bite them?
Is the 3-pt shooting going to deter teams from packing it in against MN?
Even if MN is a better team, will the record translate in a strong Big Ten (18)?

Go Gophers!

That would be terrific. I hope you are correct!
Would be a pretty risky move on Evans part, can't really see a player being willing to wait around that long and risk there not being a spot available for him. But I guess anything is possible at this point as nothing really seems normal in terms of roster management anymore.

Would be a pretty risky move on Evans part, can't really see a player being willing to wait around that long and risk there not being a spot available for him. But I guess anything is possible at this point as nothing really seems normal in terms of roster management anymore.
I don't think Evans Jr is in any danger of a spot not being available for him. There SHOULD BE many spots available for him.
I just hope he picks OUR SPOT!

Not sure it’s delusional. Maybe unlikely. There was word from him (granted several weeks ago, or more) that he thought MN was best fit in terms of players, culture, and he liked the coaches a lot). However, there were other things he was considering.

I am paraphrasing, because I don’t recall where that was posted. I also think that means more in negative aspects, as he’s giving up cash and maybe waiting for the NBA players - on other teams, to decide before he commits (i.e. he’s a option B somewhere else).

Not sure it’s delusional. Maybe unlikely. There was word from him (granted several weeks ago, or more) that he thought MN was best fit in terms of players, culture, and he liked the coaches a lot). However, there were other things he was considering.

I am paraphrasing, because I don’t recall where that was posted. I also think that means more in negative aspects, as he’s giving up cash and maybe waiting for the NBA players - on other teams, to decide before he commits (i.e. he’s a option B somewhere else).
Good, we score high marks on what ultimately will end up being 10% of the decision making factor's.

Not sure it’s delusional. Maybe unlikely. There was word from him (granted several weeks ago, or more) that he thought MN was best fit in terms of players, culture, and he liked the coaches a lot). However, there were other things

It was posted in Gopher Illustrated by Ryan James. April 22, 5:53pm. Article about Ken Evans Jr.

Article was titled:
MINNESOTA BASKETBALL PORTAL PROFILE: JACKSON STATE GUARD KEN EVANS JR.

3 Weeks ago might as well be 3 years in portal time. We also signed Patterson since that time. Guaranteed we are not signing anyone above Jack Wilson level at this point.
If I invested money based on guarantees I read in Gopherhole, I would be living in a Homeless Shelter.

3 Weeks ago might as well be 3 years in portal time. We also signed Patterson since that time. Guaranteed we are not signing anyone above Jack Wilson level at this point.
That's probably a safe bet. I think at this point we should only be surprised in a good way. Sign a guy like Evans - perhaps 5% or Christie returns 5% or less.

If I invested money based on guarantees I read in Gopherhole, I would be living in a Homeless Shelter.
Damn It! You mean to tell me that is how I wound up here? Well in the words of that great commentator, Paul Harvey, " Now you know the rest of the story! Good day!

Top Bottom