Retired Numbers Go Up...

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Just visited the stadium earlier today, and saw that they had begun putting up the retired numbers in the Northwest corner of the stadium (between 101-105 and 201-206 or so). Had the camera again today, so snapped a picture...here you go.

P8170098.jpg

Also, Goldy's Locker Room is now open in the stadium...I'll post some photos of that later as well...

I feel like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings. It's ouuurrs. Our PRECIOUS!

Good to see they figured out how to spell Sandy Stephens last name! :eek:

Nice to see they ignored Bronko.

Just like everything else in the stadium. Sloppy and on the cheap!

;)

That's It

Just visited the stadium earlier today, and saw that they had begun putting up the retired numbers in the Northwest corner of the stadium (between 101-105 and 201-206 or so). Had the camera again today, so snapped a picture...here you go.

P8170098.jpg

Also, Goldy's Locker Room is now open in the stadium...I'll post some photos of that later as well...

The final thing I was hoping for on my stadium "wish list". I don't think a single trick was missed - not one. Simply stunning.

I feel like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings. It's ouuurrs. Our PRECIOUS!

Sadly I just said as much aloud at first seeing Nick's photo! I also gave a Dr Claw laugh though so I am on nerd overload.

More class. Waaaaaay back when it became clear that the Twin's would get their stadium and our Gophers would get theirs... I thought to myself "I hope they 'get it' and purge those velcro signs forever". It stuck in my mind even as they had far bigger fish to fry for most of the construction process. Little touches like the ring with National Championships and retired numbers, done up with classy sinage, make such a difference. The vinal velro signs at the Metrodome always looked like someone was holding a garage sale... which fit perfectly with the tin-like sound the dome acoustics created for the band, and the dull lighting, and the blue seats, and...

The Four numbers

that are up are the only numbers that are retired.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom