Respect toward women

Westgate

Reaction score
Interesting that Coach Fleck mentioned the word mother twice on Friday, and on Saturday, he and Heather attended the Gopher Women's Basketball game, where he received polite applause when enthusiastically introduced by the announcer, including a few people standing. Today, the Strib says change in MBB started off the court

Coach Claeys used to mention his mother and sisters ALL the time. There is no doubt that he respected women.

Interesting that Coach Fleck mentioned the word mother twice on Friday, and on Saturday, he and Heather attended the Gopher Women's Basketball game, where he received polite applause when enthusiastically introduced by the announcer, including a few people standing. Today, the Strib says change in MBB started off the court

Pandering to people is gross. I get that Fleck has to do it (not blaming him).

He needed and should have said that. All Coaches should say and believe that.

Though did he mention the respect he showed to his first wife?

Go to his twitter account and read his tweets. It is all about respect, his family, Western Michigan, and the success of his players on and off the field.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She must not have been Elite...

Are you implying he didn't respect her?

Fleck and his first wife lost a child together. Until you have lost a child with someone, keep the negative comments in check. Losing a child adds so many moving parts to marriages. Marriage is very hard with no stress, add the death of an infant and all heck can break loose. Not trying to scold with my comments, but it may be something to dig into more before slinging jokes around.

I respect women. Who's with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck and his first wife lost a child together. Until you have lost a child with someone, keep the negative comments in check. Losing a child adds so many moving parts to marriages. Marriage is very hard with no stress, add the death of an infant and all heck can break loose. Not trying to scold with my comments, but it may be something to dig into more before slinging jokes around.

According to an article I read, his first wife wanted out. PJ says she didn't want the life of a head coaches wife. But who knows what really happened? Also, lots of folks are miserable in their marriage. Let's not assume PJ disrespected her. Let's protect the kids too. That's the most important thing.

I think there is a stat out there that nine out of ten marriages end in divorce after the death of a child. Everything changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me and wife had stillborn very close to due date. His died 5 min after being born. It's really not remotely close to what losing my 3 or 5 year old would be.

He was with his current wife before he divorced his first, I am fairly certain....

Just glad he is bringing a culture of respect for women....

She must not have been Elite...

You must not have seen the pictures. They are still out there. Now the exchange between Philip John and her on Twitter. That's been removed..

According to an article I read, his first wife wanted out. PJ says she didn't want the life of a head coaches wife. But who knows what really happened? Also, lots of folks are miserable in their marriage. Let's not assume PJ disrespected her. Let's protect the kids too. That's the most important thing.

Source? My major skepticism arises from the fact he married again very soon after the divorce. The earlier poster is correct that losing an infant, I think to congenital heart disease IIRC, can put whole new dynamics into a family and often exposes imperfections in the family structure. Unfortunately something I deal with regularly. If wife #2 arose innocently after a divorce was already imminent then that's much easier to accept than if it appears he was "philandering".

The only reason people are bringing up personal stuff about Fleck is because of Coyle's self aggrandizing and hypocritical press conference. It really isn't an attack on PJ, it's an attack on that hypocrisy.

The only reason people are bringing up personal stuff about Fleck is because of Coyle's self aggrandizing and hypocritical press conference. It really isn't an attack on PJ, it's an attack on that hypocrisy.

And when you do it, you are just as bad as you are accusing Coyle of being

Source? My major skepticism arises from the fact he married again very soon after the divorce. The earlier poster is correct that losing an infant, I think to congenital heart disease IIRC, can put whole new dynamics into a family and often exposes imperfections in the family structure. Unfortunately something I deal with regularly. If wife #2 arose innocently after a divorce was already imminent then that's much easier to accept than if it appears he was "philandering".

Just google it. The article is there. Comes right up. Maybe he did cheat on her. Most importantly, just protect the kids. Don't judge the guy yet. People change and grow. This should be off limits.

Just google it. The article is there. Comes right up. Maybe he did cheat on her. Most importantly, just protect the kids. Don't judge the guy yet. People change and grow. This should be off limits.

Can certainly understand while Fleck keeps talking about it, but as long as people keep bringing up his "respect for women" it's fair game.

They should just "leave it alone" too.

When the divorce started and when it was finalized are two different things. I've had two close friends deal with a divorce that involved custody of multiple children and living in different cities. Can only imagine it get's even more complicated with a head coach and the money he makes.

Both divorces took nearly a year and half to finalize due to several legal battles. They were both dating new people for nearly a year before the divorce was finalized but didn't start a relationship with that person until 6 months after they were separated from previous husband/wife.

Isn't there a difference between infidelity and calling women bitches and hoes and punching them and the like. I realize cheating on a spouse isn't respectful.

Yeah, generally, I am not going to do it. But Coyle brought up the nonsense. He opened the door. He should expect people to walk through it.
Yeah but the people who walk through the door out themselves as not having the moral high ground either.

Yeah but the people who walk through the door out themselves as not having the moral high ground either.

Maybe not. But keep in mind, it's always in response to a thread like this. Someone is eating the crap from the admin with a spoon and they are saying it to point out the hypocrisy. As Iceland, let's just leave all of that alone for now.

Are we really doing a thread on PJ's personal life?

Top Bottom