Report: Mark Turgeon could be looking for exit from Maryland per 247

If I was making the definition, I would exclude Great Plains states and Missouri.

Well, the US Government defines it differently. If I were to argue, I'd say Ohio is way less Midwestern than Kansas. But, I'll go with the official ruling from the census.

Kansas is the 15th largest state.
No, I'm talking about small populations, not small geographic areas. You seem to have a disdain for small towns and small population states. I don't really care either way, just making an observation you clearly aren't a fan of small towns and small states and would never live anywhere like that based on previous posts I've seen from you.

If I were to argue, I'd say Ohio is way less Midwestern than Kansas.
Midwest should mean Great Lakes states, in the same since that Chicago was "northwest".

ND - Texas are Great Plains and don't belong with any other group.

My foot's down! ;)

just making an observation you clearly aren't a fan of small towns and small states and would never live anywhere like that based on previous posts I've seen from you.

I prefer dense urban areas, it is true. A state having a small population doesn't necessarily rule it out from that. Rhode Island being an example. But I would not want to live in New England.

Still a hard pass from me, and closer to Fargo than TC. But fair points, to each their own.

Omaha...it's "The Paris of the Great Plains."

Also well known for steaks and Peyton Manning's audible call at the line of scrimmage.

Omaha...it's "The Paris of the Great Plains."

Also well known for steaks and Peyton Manning's audible call at the line of scrimmage.
Warren Buffett.

ND - Texas are Great Plains and don't belong with any other group.

My foot's down! ;)
Strongly agree, especially Texas. In the past, the NCAA has designated cities like San Antonio on the Gophers '97 run as the "Midwest Regional". How silly is that?!?

Funny thread, trying to keep up. There are nice neighborhoods in most mid and large cities, be it Omaha, or....on the larger side, Minneapolis and St Paul. I have no ties to Wichita other than biz travel. Seems perfectly nice to me, in the same way Little Rock is fine. With the Koch brothers and
Other $$$ in Wichita, plenty of money, nice golf courses, hills, etc.

To each their owm, but I hope people have given a city a chance before offering strong opinions;). I know I often defend MSP area when people take shots at it.....especially over past 12 mo’s or so.

Turge making some moves coming off the extension. Should be one of the favorites to win the conference.

Top Bottom