Replays

Reaction score
Yesterday the scoreboard was showing full sized replays. Is this something that was done last year and I never noticed?

I noticed that too. Last year they kept the advertising on the border of the screen. A nice change.

Ya, it was nice to see the full screen being utilized.

3 years too late but glad it was finally done! It was very nice.

I think it has to do with a Big Ten rule or NCAA rule. I heard the SEC is allowing instant replays to be shown in the stadiums now.

I think it has to do with a Big Ten rule or NCAA rule. I heard the SEC is allowing instant replays to be shown in the stadiums now.

No, the SEC rule related the # of times a reply could be shown and allowed them to show TV angle replays for calls under review. The U could have been doing full screen replays every time since TCF opened. In the first season, they used to go full screen for TD's. This is a U decision (and a good one at that).

This is a terrible decision. They are losing much need revenue by removing the ads during the replay. This could be the difference of whether or not Kill has to cancel a recruiting trip. The higher ups at the U will never get it...

This is a terrible decision. They are losing much need revenue by removing the ads during the replay. This could be the difference of whether or not Kill has to cancel a recruiting trip. The higher ups at the U will never get it...

Wtf??? What advertiser cancelled their contract due to full size replays?

I noticed the full size replays and other full sized video (crowd shots, kiss cam, etc.) and this change was much appreciated.

+1

I also use most of my time at the game to make purchasing decisions and would like to see more ad information on the big screen, not less.

Yesterday the scoreboard was showing full sized replays. Is this something that was done last year and I never noticed?

This was my biggest complaint about TCF Stadium in the past. I just happen to know one of the people in-charge (so to speak) of the scoreboard operations. I gave him a list of verbal demands a week or so ago. All but one of my demands was met. I take that as a victory. Now if they can get the replay done before the next "live" play happens we are all set.

Replays during the Syracuse game -- there were many times I was looking for a replay and it was never shown. Specifically in regards to the challenges and the officials review. I am unsure what the U's stance is on this, but I recall the Halloween Michigan State game a few years back and I think that the fans were a factor when they had some insight on what is happening. Our fans gave the referees a very hard time that game and it was great. I just wish we would show more replays--positive and negative.

Replays during the Syracuse game -- there were many times I was looking for a replay and it was never shown. Specifically in regards to the challenges and the officials review. I am unsure what the U's stance is on this, but I recall the Halloween Michigan State game a few years back and I think that the fans were a factor when they had some insight on what is happening. Our fans gave the referees a very hard time that game and it was great. I just wish we would show more replays--positive and negative.

The B1G encourages not so show controversial calls or calls under review. They actually did show a couple of them (like the important Cuse catch along the sidelines on their 1 TD drive) but they only did those ones once and they were quick so it was easy to miss.

Hopefully the B1G moves to the rules the SEC adopted, which encourages more replays to be shown, even on controversial/reviewed calls.

Top Bottom