Replacing Morgan is not going to make things better

If Kramer is the answer, there isn’t an answer.
He's the answer if they want a QB to run with the ball... because Morgan is a liability in that offense and I'm not sure if Annexstad or Clark are any better in running the football.

Have we at least considered the possibility that the 'limited offense' or overly conservative offense is an indictment of what the coaching staff thinks of Morgan and their current passing attack?
I think that is exactly what has happened. I don't think Sanford has any confidence that Morgan can make the throws needed to open up the passing game.

So you’re saying Ciarocca is a much better play caller. I’ll ad Ciarocca got his plays in quicker and there was a much better rhythm. A lot less looking to the sideline 3 times prior to running a play.
I do think he seemed to have better timing yes

Not enough throwing on less obvious passing downs, not enough quick hit throws, or short safe throws to get Morgan in a rhythm and help the o line. On third and four why is everyone running 10+ yard routes? Why do our audibles always result in like 2 yard runs?

He is so good he got fired by penn state after one Covid season
Wow! That’s weak. You can blame that on James Franklin. He had the opportunity to hire what many view as one of, if not the best OC in the game. That says way more about Penn St than it does Kirk Ciarocca. Apparently they thought highly enough of Ciarocca to hire him vs dozens of other OC’s they could of hired. They sure didn’t seem to want Mike Sanford Jr.

I do think he seemed to have better timing yes
What do you mean by better timing? Calling better plays at the right times, or getting his plays in in a more timely manner? I’m assuming the former but just want to be sure.

What do you mean by better timing? Calling better plays at the right times, or getting his plays in in a more timely manner? I’m assuming the former but just want to be sure.
Both but more the former

Wright vs Ohio State might disagree with you.

Maybe not exactly as good, but pretty dang good.

Oh I agree, I love Wright’s potential and size but Batemans combination of fluid body control, great hands, and acceleration were on another level to most. Really, really impressive.

I am not sure what to think about Tanner Morgan the last couple years. But I can make a good guess to say that his father being sick then losing him seems to be weighing on him. He hasn't been the same since. It is too bad because this kid is nothing but heart and I think has what it takes to be successful as he showed earlier on in his career.

On KFAN just now for Viking pregame they brought up that PJ needs to have a buffet of a tough conversation with Sanford. They also said the game yesterday is not even worth talking about because it was such an embarrassment.

I honestly don’t like how PJ handled yesterday’s press conference. For me the sparkle of 2019 is now gone.

a lot of media has also been harsh about PJ being a really bad game manager.

And the record of 0-17 when trailing at the half is BAD.

how long does 2019 make the fans still fans of Fleck. Unless he drastically turns this season around, and there is still a lot of season left, with this level of talent on this team, could PJ find himself in the hot seat next year?
Remove the 2019 record and his overall body of work might not be very impressive here.
I love PJ, but this is a business and it’s not about what he did in 2019, it’s what he’s doing with this Uber talented squad this year
2017, bad, but I'm not worried

2018, a very strong finish and getting ax gives 2018 some credibility. I don't hate 2018 at all, even though it was 500 year. We saw Rob Smith was huge problem

2019-Huge Success

2020-Covid, he gets a pass

2021-Season isn't over, lets see how it finishes before we start demanding PJ gets fired

Sanford and Wenger job should be 100% on the line

This.

But it's not going to happen until the end of the year, most likely, if it does.

PJ's presser today he was way out in front saying things like he never has reactions after only one game, defending the offense saying 30+ points in the other three games, etc.

Tanner will probably come back and pass well against Purdue, but if he's having a bad day, pull him. Bowling Green was a perfect occasion for that because the dullness of the team, the slowness, the lack of effort and imagination, created a perfect opportunity for someone off the bench to charge up the team and change the mood as often happens with a QB switch.
I didn't see a lack of effort on Saturday. Offensive Imagination was lacking and that is not on Tanner.
They stand at the LOS looking to the sideline for a play. I would imagine part of the reason they take so long to actually run one is because the OC Sanford is trying to come up with a play to beat the D he is seeing from above. He has not been particularly good at doing that. If a change needs to take place, start with finding a better guy to call plays.

Having 1 RB with over 30 carries in every game is not a recipe for success at the D1 level.

2017, bad, but I'm not worried

2018, a very strong finish and getting ax gives 2018 some credibility. I don't hate 2018 at all, even though it was 500 year. We saw Rob Smith was huge problem

2019-Huge Success

2020-Covid, he gets a pass

2021-Season isn't over, lets see how it finishes before we start demanding PJ gets fired

Fair assessment!

Not enough throwing on less obvious passing downs, not enough quick hit throws, or short safe throws to get Morgan in a rhythm and help the o line. On third and four why is everyone running 10+ yard routes? Why do our audibles always result in like 2 yard runs?
This is one of the key issues I believe is hurting the passing attack. Whether it is Tanner not making the throws on time, or the wrong reads, I don't know. But when we have receivers have problems make clean separation, the QB needs to "throw them open" using timing routes, quick hit throws, etc. Tanner seems to hold onto it for too long waiting for a receiver to run open. With TJ and Bateman, he seemed to have more confidence in doing so (and with CrAB).

A few weeks ago we were going to beat Ohio, now you want to replace Morgan with a QB that his only other offer was Drake. All the hype PJ has created, all the time, and money the players put in, just to get beat by the Green Machine. Same old stuff in Minnesota.

Clark for passing game he has proven that he can throw accurate and deep no reason why he shouldn't get more reps. I agree with Kramer for the RPO read he is a good runner and more mobile that Morgan.
He's thrown one(?) pass in college and is probably 4th on the depth chart. What an absurd statement.

Top Bottom