remember what I said about disipline?

Reaction score
penalties and arrests.

penalties and arrests.

1) I don't remember what you said

2) It's discipline, not disipline

3) Carter acted like a 18 year old moron. You can't discipline something until it happens. Then it's discipline. Before that, its "advice".

4) Penalties have nothing to do with picking a fight (if that's what happened) outside a restaurant.

5) Dollars to doughnuts these "scared guys" tried to be big men and said something just as stupid to Carter and Watkins. Maybe not. Carter should have walked away, but 18 year olds are stupid. Now he should be disciplined.

For obvious reasons, the problem of player and team discipline has been a popular thread on GH for the past several weeks. "Discipline" will likely continue as a hot topic until Brew & Co make some positive progress on the issue...both on and off the field...that becomes apparent to observers outside the program, no matter what corrective steps are being taken inside.

This is one instance where I don't envy Coach Brewster one bit. You can preach staying out of trouble and "playing smart" but when it's all said and done, the actions of your team (of which each and every member is an adult) reflect on you. The fact of the matter is that 99% of males are complete morons and buffoons from the ages of 15-25. Growing up, I was always told, never drink and drive, never drink and drive by my parents. I knew it all and I wasn't going to get caught though. Or so I thought. One day I did get busted, and even though I was an adult, my actions still reflected poorly on my parents. They didn't do anything wrong. Same with Brewster. His career is on the line with these young men, it's disappointing that they aren't getting the message that their actions reflect poorly on the people around them.

This is one instance where I don't envy Coach Brewster one bit. You can preach staying out of trouble and "playing smart" but when it's all said and done, the actions of your team (of which each and every member is an adult) reflect on you. The fact of the matter is that 99% of males are complete morons and buffoons from the ages of 15-25. Growing up, I was always told, never drink and drive, never drink and drive by my parents. I knew it all and I wasn't going to get caught though. Or so I thought. One day I did get busted, and even though I was an adult, my actions still reflected poorly on my parents. They didn't do anything wrong. Same with Brewster. His career is on the line with these young men, it's disappointing that they aren't getting the message that their actions reflect poorly on the people around them.

Very well said, better than I. Deal with this, make an example, move on.

Well Now

From the story: "Both officers then attempted to get control of Carter, who continued to resist the officers even as several additional Gophers football players came outside and yelled at him to stop."

Watkins didn't resist and other football players were yelling at Carter to obey the cops. To complain about Carter getting himself in trouble seems like fair game.

However, it appears to be quite a stretch to even bring in Brewster yet alone penalties at a football game?:confused:

Man, we appear to have a number of doucebag-like posts today! :mad:

No stretch

This "doucebag-like" poster believes this team cannot afford these incidents and it appears that while it happens a lot all over the country, it is no excuse for the behavior here. Think what you want all of you experts, this incident is part of a big problem that includes "penalties at a football game" and the lack of focus. Brew has a plan I guess and I will support it.

I don't think making a blanket statement about the program because of two minor incidents is reasonable. It seems like it might even be on the low end of the norm for a D1 program. I mean if you want to link the two the question would be why don't we see many more arrests because we have so many penalties. But that would be absurd wouldn't it?? But the correct question if there must be a link.

This "doucebag-like" poster believes this team cannot afford these incidents and it appears that while it happens a lot all over the country, it is no excuse for the behavior here. Think what you want all of you experts, this incident is part of a big problem that includes "penalties at a football game" and the lack of focus. Brew has a plan I guess and I will support it.
Usually a paragraph has one consistent argument which doesn't then inherently contradict itself.

Gopherprof

I have not been able to uphold the high standards of grammar, spelling and writing skills so prevalent on this board. I should really sit down and take the time required to proof and edit my posts. I admit, I am not as smart as any of you but strive to be as clever and perfect.

"Posts not posters. Big difference and it's not even "a fine line".

I have not been able to uphold the high standards of grammar, spelling and writing skills so prevalent on this board. I should really sit down and take the time required to proof and edit my posts. I admit, I am not as smart as any of you but strive to be as clever and perfect.

penalties and arrests.

Thanks, tons. You have major anger issues. This is a battle I can't win. See you at the next game. I hope we don't get any penalties...

Glad to hear, although really I was pointing it out to give you the opportunity to clarify.

You can't say that what is going on is completely unnaceptable and put on the shoulders of Brewster and in the same paragraph assume that it is part of his plan which you support. Pick a side Gert.

Top Bottom