Reggie Lynch's arm...

sal

Reaction score
was in a sling last night. What's the scoop?

Robert Carter Jr. probably set an illegal pick on him, too, last evening.

He threw it out attempting to show Morris what a pass is?

Good point. I know there are those who preach that you're supposed to cheer for the BIG in in the NCAA tourney, but I'm hoping Maryland goes nowhere. They aren't a likeable team, and with Sulaimon and Stone, I can't root for them. No way, no how.

Good point. I know there are those who preach that you're supposed to cheer for the BIG in in the NCAA tourney, but I'm hoping Maryland goes nowhere. They aren't a likeable team, and with Sulaimon and Stone, I can't root for them. No way, no how.

I can agree with you about Suliamon, glad the students hadn't forgotten why he left Duke, can't really respect the coach for bringing guys like him or Wells into the program, while dismissing half his roster before last season. He took Creaning to a whole new level. Stone after hearing about it I thought it would look a lot worse, he was still in the wrong and deserved to be suspended but I chalk that up to a young kid who hasn't been told no before, sometimes you have to learn those tough lessons the hard way.

I can agree with you about Suliamon, glad the students hadn't forgotten why he left Duke, can't really respect the coach for bringing guys like him or Wells into the program, while dismissing half his roster before last season. He took Creaning to a whole new level. Stone after hearing about it I thought it would look a lot worse, he was still in the wrong and deserved to be suspended but I chalk that up to a young kid who hasn't been told no before, sometimes you have to learn those tough lessons the hard way.

I'm not sure if Dez Wells actually did anything. He was expelled from Xavier for sexual assault allegations, but "an Ohio grand jury rejected criminal charges against Wells." He also later sued Xavier for wrongfully expelling him, which would be a kind of bold move for a guy who knows in his heart that he's guilty and just wants to save face and avoid jail, so it seems possible that he was just put in a tough situation and isn't actually a bad guy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/63416/the-strange-case-of-dezmine-wells

Haven't looked into Sulaimon at all, I just remember it being a big deal because he was the first guy in two decades to be kicked off the Duke basketball team or something.

+1000

And if I recall correctly, only Konate was called for an illegal pick. Carter was crushing guys out there. All legally though. :rolleyes:

Rotater cuff surgery, out until at least July...I'm not laughing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ugh. That's too bad. That's a long time that he's out and not able to work on his game and in the weight room. I wonder if this is part of the reason why we appear to still be recruiting 2016 big men.

Go Gophers!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a nasty surgery and injury. Legitimate to ask whether he will ever be the same. Also seems like an overuse/older person's injury. Wonder what happened. Why no official announcement? Seems odd to me.

Pitino was on with Sid today, and brought up the surgery. 1st I had heard about it, but Pitino said this is something they've know about for a while, and scheduled the surgery so Lynch would be ready to go by late summer - in time for the start of practice.

Pitino made it sound like it was no big deal. And, I will add that there are various degrees of rotator cuff injuries. Not knowing the particulars, it could be a minor tear, or something more major. If Lynch was a pitcher for the Twins, it would be a different story - but he's a basketball player, so I would expect that he will be fine after surgery and rehab.

Pitino was on with Sid today, and brought up the surgery. 1st I had heard about it, but Pitino said this is something they've know about for a while, and scheduled the surgery so Lynch would be ready to go by late summer - in time for the start of practice.

Pitino made it sound like it was no big deal. And, I will add that there are various degrees of rotator cuff injuries. Not knowing the particulars, it could be a minor tear, or something more major. If Lynch was a pitcher for the Twins, it would be a different story - but he's a basketball player, so I would expect that he will be fine after surgery and rehab.

Younger people tend to bounce back from surgeries more quickly as well and stick to rehab better too so he most likely will be fine.

That's a nasty surgery and injury. Legitimate to ask whether he will ever be the same. Also seems like an overuse/older person's injury. Wonder what happened. Why no official announcement? Seems odd to me.

Not necessarily, it all depends. Like others said, it's bad if he's a high-end pitcher in baseball or tennis player or something where arm rotation, strength, and precision are the keys. In most other sports, he should (typically) be just fine.

Not necessarily, it all depends. Like others said, it's bad if he's a high-end pitcher in baseball or tennis player or something where arm rotation, strength, and precision are the keys. In most other sports, he should (typically) be just fine.

It's bad if you are a dentist or painter, too. Glad to know the young ones can recover quickly and there are varying degrees of severity to the injury and his seems low. Appears that staff thought keeping him in practice during the season was more important than hurrying the surgery, so that is a good sign.

Appreciate the info. That's quite a while to be out and miss training. As someone with a long list of injuries forcing me to sit out and do physical therapy, I can really empathize with him. Unfortunate.

So now there are a couple injuries to monitor going forward. Lynch & Curry. And didn't Coffey miss significant time with an injury?

So now there are a couple injuries to monitor going forward. Lynch & Curry. And didn't Coffey miss significant time with an injury?

Coffey tore his ACL last year, he's had a sore foot this year that kept him out of a couple games. If I remember correctly Curry's mom is an RN and the opportunities for her up here were a big part of his recruitment, so I am sure he's in good hands.

per the STrib:

Pitino said that Lynch, an anticipated starter on next year's team, made the decision along with his family to have the operation that will keep him off the court until "July or August" after dealing with some discomfort in his shoulder.

"He was practicing the week of surgery, it wasn't one thing that just happened," Pitino said. "They wanted to fix it so he could be 100 percent next season. It's something he wanted to go ahead and do and we supported it."

In the meantime, Lynch will focus on conditioning that does not involve using his arm, Pitino said.

"I think staying in shape is important," he said. "Cardio vascular-wise he can still do a lot. I thought he really got in good shape, worked on his body. But I know he'll still be able to do some of those things. It's a long season but if you get him back on the court by July or August, that gives you a couple of months before you really get rolling. So he's an old enough, mature enough guy to where I don't worry about it that much. If it was a freshman I would worry about it."

http://www.startribune.com/transfer-reggie-lynch-had-shoulder-surgery/369705591/

Go Gophers!!

It's bad if you are a dentist or painter, too. Glad to know the young ones can recover quickly and there are varying degrees of severity to the injury and his seems low. Appears that staff thought keeping him in practice during the season was more important than hurrying the surgery, so that is a good sign.

I hope that Mike Freewill or his partner, Dan Buss, did the surgery. They are the best shoulder surgeons in town. If Reggie follows the PT protocol religiously he will have a full recovery.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Coffey tore his ACL last year, he's had a sore foot this year that kept him out of a couple games. If I remember correctly Curry's mom is an RN and the opportunities for her up here were a big part of his recruitment, so I am sure he's in good hands.

If Curry's mom wants to move here she could probably land a job tomorrow. Tons of opportunity in medicine in Minny.

Lynch being ahead of schedule is great! Hope he doesn't get too aggressive.

Among all the patients in physical therapy after joint surgery the shoulder patients are the most unhappy.
Except at the extremes youth has little to do with recovery time.
When he is back to where he was before his injury and surgery only time will tell.

I talked to Reggie today. The injury happened in practice when he was trying to catch an ally oop. Forgot to ask when. His arm awkwardly hit the backboard. He can't run yet but his is using an elliptical.

He was helping out at a school today. Nice kid.

Brings back memories of when we were mustered to report for short-arm inspection aboard ship. I passed!! Never felt better. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom