reggie lynch reinstated!

I have no idea what did or did not happen on the night in question when Lynch was arrested. I do know that we have our center back, one that can change games. Yes, I'm excited and we as fans who've been given nothing but crap news for 7 months should be allowed to celebrate. Go Gophers!

I have no idea what did or did not happen on the night in question when Lynch was arrested. I do know that we have our center back, one that can change games. Yes, I'm excited and we as fans who've been given nothing but crap news for 7 months should be allowed to celebrate. Go Gophers!

He's never been our center, never played a game, is coming off surgery, and hasn't worked out with team staff since being suspended. Hopefully the rust comes off quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's never been our center, never played a game, is coming off surgery, and hasn't worked out with team staff since being suspended. Hopefully the rust comes off quickly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he is currently not our center? Ok

Did you look at his stats when he played at ISU? Game changer would not be my first thought.

That being said, I am happy for him and hope the entire team can go through the entire year without a major f&ck up.

All I ask is that the players give their best effort on the court and be respectful off the court.

Did you look at his stats when he played at ISU? Game changer would not be my first thought.

That being said, I am happy for him and hope the entire team can go through the entire year without a major f&ck up.

All I ask is that the players give their best effort on the court and be respectful off the court.

He is a defensive game changer. He was #1 in the entire NCAA, in block%, both his Freshmen and Sophomore years. He was also a national Defensive PotY finalist his Sophomore year as well.

http://goredbirds.com/news/2015/3/30/MBB_0330150601.aspx

He is a defensive game changer. He was #1 in the entire NCAA, in block%, both his Freshmen and Sophomore years. He was also a national Defensive PotY finalist his Sophomore year as well.
I hope you're right. I'd be happy to stand corrected.

He's never been our center, never played a game, is coming off surgery, and hasn't worked out with team staff since being suspended.

And despite all that, he's a massive upgrade over Konate and Diedhou.

And despite all that, he's a massive upgrade over Konate and Diedhou.

Agreed. Although I actually think Bakary is a solid 5-10 minute a night backup. He is actually a pretty good rebounder and decent shotblocker. He does get out of position on D from time to time though and his offensive game is non-existent.

Reggie should play 20-25 minutes a night with Bakary and Curry getting the rest of the minutes based on matchups. I don't see Gaston playing much this season.

Agreed. Although I actually think Bakary is a solid 5-10 minute a night backup. He is actually a pretty good rebounder and decent shotblocker. He does get out of position on D from time to time though and his offensive game is non-existent.

Reggie should play 20-25 minutes a night with Bakary and Curry getting the rest of the minutes based on matchups. I don't see Gaston playing much this season.

Inside game was the weakest last year. Reggie will be an upgrade in a place of great need. I think Bakary struggled a bit more than your assessment last year, but the guy put in as much effort as any Gopher I've seen in a long time. If either one of them can be reliable close to the basket it should open things up for Murph and leave some open threes. We need to be positive at this time of year.

Inside game was the weakest last year. Reggie will be an upgrade in a place of great need. I think Bakary struggled a bit more than your assessment last year, but the guy put in as much effort as any Gopher I've seen in a long time. If either one of them can be reliable close to the basket it should open things up for Murph and leave some open threes. We need to be positive at this time of year.

Lynch isn't going to score in the B1G, he won't be much of an upgrade offensively from Konate, might make a few open mid range jumpers, won't create much, rebounding and defense will be his forte.

Lynch isn't going to score in the B1G, he won't be much of an upgrade offensively from Konate, might make a few open mid range jumpers, won't create much, rebounding and defense will be his forte.

How well does he seal off defenders on a pick and roll? Does he have good hands in traffic? How does he fit offensively into Pitino's game plan?

What constitutes as "scoring"?

This hyperbolic statement is as silly as those saying he's a force in the middle (which isn't being said by anyone).

I've seen Reggie play maybe 2 or 3 games, I don't recall him being a jump shooter, can someone correct me? He'll get put backs, drop offs, and the occassional post move for a bucket. He can catch the ball.

I'd guess he averages in the 6-8 ppg, which is a nice upgrade at the position. If he can average 8 rbs and 2 blocks thats a solid stat line for a team that doesn't feature a post player or a low post offense.

What constitutes as "scoring"?

This hyperbolic statement is as silly as those saying he's a force in the middle (which isn't being said by anyone).

I've seen Reggie play maybe 2 or 3 games, I don't recall him being a jump shooter, can someone correct me? He'll get put backs, drop offs, and the occassional post move for a bucket. He can catch the ball.

I'd guess he averages in the 6-8 ppg, which is a nice upgrade at the position. If he can average 8 rbs and 2 blocks thats a solid stat line for a team that doesn't feature a post player or a low post offense.

That's not a true statement at all. Ryan James has spoken about his defensive prowess before and like I posted earlier, he was a National Defensive Player of the Year finalist.

The question is if that can translate to the Big Ten. He does foul too much, somethijg he needs to work on, but the dude is a legit rim protector. Something that we have badly missed the last few years.

That's not a true statement at all. Ryan James has spoken about his defensive prowess before and like I posted earlier, he was a National Defensive Player of the Year finalist.

The question is if that can translate to the Big Ten. He does foul too much, somethijg he needs to work on, but the dude is a legit rim protector. Something that we have badly missed the last few years.

Exactly which statement of mine wasn't true?

My response was regarding the offensive side of the ball specifically. Responding to JOV saying he wasn't going to score.

Exactly which statement of mine wasn't true?

My response was regarding the offensive side of the ball specifically. Responding to JOV saying he wasn't going to score.

Oh ok, I misinterpreted it then. My apologies. :drink:

Defensive stats would be game changing for us, we don't even need him to be good, average center play would go along way with this team. It'll allow guys on D to be more aggressive on the perimeter and open things up on the offensive end. We gave up so many threes because we had to protect the paint and we had no inside out game on offense last year.

Moving up to the BIG compared to what he played against makes it hard to predict how he will do.

If he can catch a basketball, he's an upgrade.

Any word on the status of Reggie's shoulder? Is he out of the brace/sling? Is he able to work out? Play?

Top Bottom