Redshirts burned

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
True freshmen who played last night for those keeping track of such things (8 so far):

Harbison
McDonald
Maye
Ekpe
Keith
Murray
A. Johnson
Travis

The WRs all deserved to be out there based on what I saw last night, but I'm honestly pretty disappointed in playing any of the DBs. We have plenty of depth back there, and we don't really need these guys. I guess I'm not the one earning 7 figures to make those decisions, but a trio of 5th-year DBs would've been nice 4 years from now. If we need them down the road due to injury or ineffectiveness, it's understandable, but our secondary played especially well by Minnesota standards last night.

EDIT: As mentioned in another thread, Nelson is listed in the participation report, but I guarantee he did not see the field last night. Also, Keith is not listed, but again I guarantee I saw him on the field for multiple plays.

Harbison could get his redshirt back if his injury is serious (lets hope it's not, of course). I saw a lot of Ekpe, but didn't notice any of the players below him.

Harbison is done for the year by the sounds of things on here. So he can still redshirt right??

The secondary was the best I've seen in years!

Harbison probably gets a medical red shirt if he is out for the year.

Maybe they need to play these guys talent wise or to balance out the small class for next year.

If Harbison is actually done for the year, he gets a medical redshirt guaranteed.

That's horrible for Harbison. Please please please just be a sprain.

Eldred, the Australian punter, is listed as a sophomore on the roster.

Eldred, the Australian punter, is listed as a sophomore on the roster.

Good point! I wrongly assumed that he had not previously been in college given that he came from overseas to play here. It is technically true that he could've kept a redshirt had he not played, but I will edit to keep the list to true freshmen only in the spirit of the overwhelming majority of redshirts that take place.

A year at an Aussie school started the NCAA clock ticking? Hmmmm

I'm fine with DB's because they fill depth on Special teams as well as on defense. You have to have depth in all phases of the game.

Top Bottom