Redshirting Buggs

Buggs is alot bigger than Williams, I thought he looked taller than Mbwake, he isn't a power forward right now but with the right weight training program he sure could grow into that position. I like the idea, I'm sure he doesn't want to redshirt and wants to play right away but in the long run it might be better for all involved.

Buggs is alot bigger than Williams, I thought he looked taller than Mbwake, he isn't a power forward right now but with the right weight training program he sure could grow into that position. I like the idea, I'm sure he doesn't want to redshirt and wants to play right away but in the long run it might be better for all involved.

jovs, see Bleed's post #24 above.

Boy, I don't know. Non-medical redshirts really Buggs me.

No, seriously I don't believe for basketball that players who have not been injured should be redshirted. Players come and go so freely with transfers and to the pros that recruiting is non-stop anyway. If they have the talent to play, then let them play. If they can't play, then you're basically self-imposing a loss of a scholarship player for one year by redshirting them.

What about Elliason?

I disagree....while I feel the comparison between Buggs and Trevor is an outlier from sane gopher fans, there are similarities with Rodney IMO. Both athletes, essentially the same height, and both were wing players in high school. From what I've seen Buggs does have a better jumper, and handle. I am fine with the redshirt.

I believe Rodney was a post player in HS.

I am a huge fan of redshirting both. Will be too late for Wally to make an impact once he is healed up and Buggs just wont get the minutes to warrant wasting a year of eligibility. This plan is fine for this year but we are down to 11 men now, and our two walkon's. Someone else is bound to get hurt or sick at some point so maybe only having 9-10 eligible bodies will be a good thing for Tubby so he cannot mass sub!

My biggest issue is the gapping hole it leaves in our classes. Assuming both redshirt we look like this:

Senior - Austin, Mav
Junior - Mo, Andre, Joe, EE, Oto
Soph -
Freshman - Foster, Ellis, Buggs, Ellenson, one more recruit
1 'ship banked.

I also think we should be looking at a ball handler for our last recruit.

Mo is a Soph per the gophersports.com website:
15 Walker, Maurice Forward 6-10 289 RS SO Scarborough, Ontario (Brewster Academy)

15 Walker, Maurice Forward 6-10 289 RS SO Scarborough, Ontario (Brewster Academy)

He was talking about next year. Mo, EE, Oto, Joe, and Dre are all in the same class now and will be juniors next season.

He was talking about next year. Mo, EE, Oto, Joe, and Dre are all in the same class now and will be juniors next season.

Madtown, did you not catch the sarcasm, or forgot to check your sarcasm meter?

Redshirting Buggs unless there is a need from an injury makes sense.

Madtown, did you not catch the sarcasm, or forgot to check your sarcasm meter?

Just realized I quoted the wrong post, meant to quote the one above it about the players in each class...

Top Bottom