Redbull: Top 25 College Basketball Arenas -- Williams Arena #12

Bfan

Reaction score

Williams Arena; Minneapolis, Minnesota​

Williams Arena

"One of the oldest arenas in college basketball, Williams Arena opened in 1928 and has been renovated three times since. Home to the Minnesota Gophers’ basketball teams, the arena has a capacity of 14,625. Also known as “The Barn,” this facility is one of the few with a raised floor design, with team benches and first-row seating sitting below the court, giving those seated there about a knee-high level view of the action." END QUOTE

Some think the raised floor is an advantage for the Gophers -- or a tougher environment for visiting teams.

Frankly, I love the barn. The only necessary improvements I see needed, are getting rid of the bench seating, more women’s stalls and getting rid of the Neanderthal troughs in the men’s bathrooms.

Frankly, I love the barn. The only necessary improvements I see needed, are getting rid of the bench seating, more women’s stalls and getting rid of the Neanderthal troughs in the men’s bathrooms.
I thought of 2 other thinks I would like to see improved and I think are very important for the gameday experience for fans.

1. Fewer obstructed view seats. Not sure what can be done about this with modern engineering but I suspect there is a way. But, if not see #2.
2. The TVs in obstructed view seating areas are too small and they don't include all the stats you normally have available in most seats.

Top Bottom