Recruits visiting today?

Dr.Gopher

Reaction score
Are there any recruits visiting today? It should be a great day for outdoor football at the Bank. We could show some Florida kids it isn't always frozen and cold in Minnesota. It would also be nice if we could beat Bucky!

the Miami 5 are rumored to be here this weekend, and rivals lists these 3 DB's as well:

Name Pos. Stars RR Ht/Wt Visit Date Schools
Jeremy Baltazar DB - 6-0/196 November 11 list
Martez Shabazz DB - 5-11/170 November 11 list
Clifford Stokes DB - 6-1/175 November 11 list

The war room on GI intimates that the MIami 5 will not be here because they are in the playoffs. I believe it is just the juco kids this weekend. hopefully we can get one or two of them. we need some db's next year in a bad way!

Dominic Twitty decomitted today, saying the coaches were disloyal??

To bad they had to watch such a bad performance.

This was the most recruits I have seen all year. It looked like about 50 came out of the tunnel and sat behind the home bench.

He followed it up by saying the gophers likely dropped him.

Clifford Stokes was there and has Iowa State and MN as High on his interest. He is a DB, JC from Texas. He tweeted that MN has some of the prettiest white girls. Go get'em Jerry.

Clifford Stokes was there and has Iowa State and MN as High on his interest. He is a DB, JC from Texas. He tweeted that MN has some of the prettiest white girls. Go get'em Jerry.

Also tweeted this a few minutes after that one. Make of it what you will.

“@Martezshabazz22 @cliffstokes24 can you say (package) deal bih!!!” «« yessssssssssssssssss bih

The first thing I thought was "Blazing Saddles".

Also tweeted this a few minutes after that one. Make of it what you will.

“@Martezshabazz22 @cliffstokes24 can you say �� (package) deal bih!!!” «« yessssssssssssssssss bih
never mind, not a recruit just a homeboy

LucasTrickleGI Lucas Trickle
Blinn College defensive back Jeremy Baltazar @JB_Loco22 committed to the University of Minnesota tonight! #Gophers

Stokes is expected to annouce next week after he visits Iowa State. So far it looks like he's leaning towards us but then again ISU gets last crack.

Anyone know if these guys are all December grads?

Martez Shabazz and Clifford Stokes both are. Not sure about Jeremy Baltazar.

December Grads

Martez Shabazz and Clifford Stokes both are. Not sure about Jeremy Baltazar.

Good to know, I would think Shabazz and Stokes both come in to comepte for the CB spots and Baltazar probably plays the FS spot, if everything goes right. Also I think Kill will bring in one possibly 2 Juco DT and possibly a JUCO MLB, just don't know who will play SS next year. No underclassman has shown much so far, but Thompson and Levine are young and Manuel has experience but has been disappointing to me so far.

A lot depends on whether Stoudermire is granted a medical waiver for this year. If he comes back, it will be him and probably Vereen starting, though the JuCo DBs will be great depth and one could definitely overtake Vereen. At any rate, I look forward to the nickel/dime packages being more solid than they have this year.

The safeties are going to be an open competition and it's anyone's guess who will be starting.

dpdoll, any thoughts on DT, i see they have offered a couple but I'm not sure where our current roster stands, is legania even enrolled anymore havent heard his name mentioned?

dpdoll, any thoughts on DT, i see they have offered a couple but I'm not sure where our current roster stands, is legania even enrolled anymore havent heard his name mentioned?

I personally don't think DT is as bad off as a lot of people do, but I could be wrong. It definitely needs to get better. I've really liked what I've seen from Hageman and Botticelli this year, and they have to be the front-runners to start next year. KGM will continue to grow and work into the rotation, and Jacques, Legania, and Hahn will all work into the rotation. I don't know much about where Legania currently stands, but I know he's still on the team and he's only a RS Fr. I would also think that Hinojosa will work his way into the rotation immediately, as he already has Big Ten size and strength for the position, so that's a total of 7 guys to rotate between the two spots.

Hageman has showed flashes up being really good. With another year of coaching and technique modification, he could be very good. I wouldn't be mad if we took 1 JUCO DT, and a good one at that, but I don't think it is the end of the world if we don't. If we get these 3 JUCO DB's, along with TS getting a med-red (this would be HUGE because he is very good, and I think another year of S&C and technique refinement could really help his NFL stock), our depth would be way better.

too busy to look it up myself, what years are the DB's that are seeing PT this year? I thought we were younger in the secondary but it seems everyone is saying we need JUCO dbs?

too busy to look it up myself, what years are the DB's that are seeing PT this year? I thought we were younger in the secondary but it seems everyone is saying we need JUCO dbs?

Its been Vereen Soph/Henderson SR at CB and Roysten Sr/Lewis Sr at S since Stoudamire Sr was injured. Salamon Sr. started the season at S and was replaced by Lewis early after a couple of games. Johnson Sr has seen spot time and some nickel coverage. Thompson FR. and Wells Fr. have been getting more time lately as well as Manual Soph. who also been in on goal line for a good share of the season. Haivland (sp) Jr. has been out there in spots but I don't recall seeing hime the past two games. Carter Jr has played in some games but has been spotty and a non factor.

It appears that Wells and Thompson are the two true Freshman with the best chance for more playing time at this point.

Its been Vereen Soph/Henderson SR at CB and Roysten Sr/Lewis Sr at S since Stoudamire Sr was injured. Salamon Sr. started the season at S and was replaced by Lewis early after a couple of games. Johnson Sr has seen spot time and some nickel coverage. Thompson FR. and Wells Fr. have been getting more time lately as well as Manual Soph. who also been in on goal line for a good share of the season. Haivland (sp) Jr. has been out there in spots but I don't recall seeing hime the past two games. Carter Jr has played in some games but has been spotty and a non factor.

It appears that Wells and Thompson are the two true Freshman with the best chance for more playing time at this point.

I could be mistaken, but hasn't FR Levine seen time too?

Montgomery is also there, who is redshirting this year. I believe they are wanting him to play Safety once he does play. I might be one of the only ones, but I have high hopes for the kid, but I guess the only ones who know if he has a chance to contribute in the next couple years are the coaches.

Top Bottom