Recruits at game

paulser21

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of sitting right next to the steps leading from the field up to the stands. I got a chance to see Jimmy Gjere (who is huge but still looks like he can gain a lot of weight), OT Mark Lenkiewicz, WR Marcus Alipate and I think JD Pride. Many others there as well but can't remember many names.

Congratulations to those who have already commited to the program and best of luck to those who are still making the decision on their future.

In addition Antoine Lewis made his official, he's already committed here. Preston Brown 3 star LB who is committed to Cincy also made a visit. There was also another Seantrel sighting.

Paulser, did the recruits look like they were having a good time? It seems like Saturday might have been the worst home game recruiting wise. Might be a moot point as most of the kids visiting are already committed and Seantrel has been to quite a few games.

I did not see the recruits during the game, they were seated elsewhere. I only saw them just prior to kickoff and after the game as they went back onto the field.

I did see Lenkiewicz walking around the stadium. He was pretty emotionless. Didn't really smile just seemed to be walking around. I did forget to mention the Preston Brown sighting as well. Dude seemed massive but he was bundled up pretty well.

Some of the other guys who had passes and were wearing letter jackets seemed to be having a good time. Many of them were smiling and kind of joking around but the names weren't real familiar and I'm not from the TC area to know them that well. I think a lot of them were potential walk on players.

I however did not see Seantrel with the rest of these recruits. And I find it hard to believe a 6'8" 330 pound man could walk less then 2 feet from me and I would not notice him. Especially one that I've seen a thousand pictures of.

If only Jimmy could have been out there blocking, we could have used him. Can't wait to see him on the field next year.

Henderson was there and he was having a good time. Really into the game.

I was up in the concourse in the 3rd quarter, and Moses Alipate and JD Pride were up there with girls who seemed like their gf's, running around acting like idiots....but then again at that point of the game I didn't blame them either....

I was up in the concourse in the 3rd quarter, and Moses Alipate and JD Pride were up there with girls who seemed like their gf's, running around acting like idiots....but then again at that point of the game I didn't blame them either....

Are you sure you saw Moses or was it was his brother Marcus? I would hope Moses would have been on the sidelines with the rest of the team.

A question regarding Gjere: Someone mentioned earlier that they can't wait to see him on the field next year. What are the chances that he redshirts? He's very highly rated, but he plays a position that almost always uses the redshirt year...I think it'll be an interesting decision either way.

Are you sure you saw Moses or was it was his brother Marcus? I would hope Moses would have been on the sidelines with the rest of the team.

Crap..I said Marcus in my head while I typed it but it came out Moses.....it was Alipate the younger chilling with Pride and company....

A question regarding Gjere: Someone mentioned earlier that they can't wait to see him on the field next year. What are the chances that he redshirts? He's very highly rated, but he plays a position that almost always uses the redshirt year...I think it'll be an interesting decision either way.

I'd be shocked if he redshirts. He is ready to play right now from what i have seen.

I'd be shocked if he redshirts. He is ready to play right now from what i have seen.

I will disagree. Critics says he is a good run blocker, and not so great pass blockers because his high school team never passes the ball. He needs work. He is highly rated because he is very athletic with a lot of upside. That doesn't always mean you can start right away.

I will disagree. Critics says he is a good run blocker, and not so great pass blockers because his high school team never passes the ball. He needs work. He is highly rated because he is very athletic with a lot of upside. That doesn't always mean you can start right away.

Those who are athletic can pick up things pretty quick. Also his team never passes, because they rarely need to.

Top Bottom