Recruits and Playing Time

WAGopher

Reaction score
Maybe I missed some interviews, but it seems like this year's recruits aren't mentioning immediate playing time as much as last year's class did. If so, this shows that Brewster is targeting recruits with the mindset that they are coming here to compete for a starting job, not that it will be easily won. I like it because these are the kind of players you build a program with.

I think Lispcomb mentioned that the coaches said he would have a chance to fight for PT. I also wouldn't be surprised if Carter gets time as the 3rd CB...Collado was awful at times last year. But both those examples are people fighting for spots, so your post is right on. I'm looking forward to see what this class can do in a couple years.

I think a half dozen of these guys will be vying for time. Wills and Carpenter as they are JC transfers and Lipscomb and Carter. If the O-line doesn't gel, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the frosh OLs get their feet wet.

I'm inclined to believe the frosh OLers are off limits except in extreme need. But you never know.

I would think that even if they don't play, they'll play important roles like the scout team and push the starters hard. Increasing talent is never a bad thing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the frosh OLs get their feet wet.

Please, Dear Lord, no. If any of those 3 step on the field next year, it means we have already gotten ourselves in deep trouble.

Top Bottom