Recruiting

When Jerry went to school they must have taught him "new math". Everybody here seems to believe that Jerry has this all figured out. That is because they believe he knows that x number of people will be leaving because of academic issues and y number of people will be leaving because they are not a good fit with the program.

My personal perspective on this is from the movie "Shakespeare in Love" where the narrator is in danger of losing his theater and says something to the effect "somehow it all seems to work out but I don't know how." There are so many balls in play that affect the number of recruits we can have that we don’t understand, yet people seem to be comfortable with "somehow it all seems to work out but I don't know how."

On the other hand the reason I still believe in Santa Clause is there is always a present from him to me every Christmas morning. How I deal with that is the belief that if it isn’t broken don’t fix it.

You lost me at "Shakespeare in Love".

RE: Brisly: interesting. I watched his youtubez bc I read one some other message board that he's pretty fast. Tough to tell from these clips, he has some nice kick returns for sure but not blazing breakaway speed. But what do i know? Nothing. Maybe he's this years Marcus Jones, and with a relation (of some kind) to Wedley that's a pretty good endorsement.

If Chip Armelin chooses to play football sometime in his career, it very likely won't be at the U.

I kind of made that comment as a joke, but at the same time, he probably could play for us next year with the state of our secondary if he really wanted to drop basketball for some reason!

I think you guys are reading way too much into "I think he might be headed that way soon."

That could mean Florida, it could Miami, it could mean a lot of things. Considering Kill and Miller were supposedly at Piper (Miami) today, I'm guessing that is the more likely answer.

You would think a player would know if a coach was going to visit him or not, and judging by Estime's tweet, he didn't.

I think you guys are reading way too much into "I think he might be headed that way soon."

That could mean Florida, it could Miami, it could mean a lot of things. Considering Kill and Miller were supposedly at Piper (Miami) today, I'm guessing that is the more likely answer.

You would think a player would know if a coach was going to visit him or not, and judging by Estime's tweet, he didn't.
I'm nit picking but Piper is in Sunrise, Broward County, Florida.

Brisly Estime responded to this tweet with: "tell dem to come to atlantic high...", to which Barton responded "hes supposed to be headed that way soon". Given that they both share the name Estime and go/went to the same HS, is it safe to assume Brisly is Wedley Estime's brother? If the coaches are in fact going to Atlantic, it would seem Brisly is the one they would be going to meet, given the other recruits available there.
Perhaps Brisly can take his talents to Virginia Tech.

Nice, mcpeepants.

Has anyone noticed that all of our two-star commits have a rivals rating of 5.4? There are plenty of two-stars with 5.3 or lower at other schools, but all the gopher commits are just an inch from three-stars.
I think you're taking this whole star rating system just a tad too serious :rolleyes:

this years Marcus Jones is

KJ Maye, we haven't offered yet but this kid is fun as hell to watch and I hope we offer him.

Recruit some of his OL as well. Those guys are huge and dominate.

I'm originally from that neck of the woods and Avon is a solid football program. Kill offered a player from there for 2013, so I wonder if there is a connection.

Der....should have looked him up first. That's Avon, IN not Avon, OH. Disregard previous statement.

I have a question, Is it true that when a player comes in for spring semester (graduates in December from HS) can his scholarship be counted towards the year before's total? Also, could that be a reason why it kind of seems like Kill is recruiting way over the 25 scholarship limit? I know that Marcus Jones came in December and there are a couple others in years past as well as for this next class. Thanks.

The answer is yes

I have a question, Is it true that when a player comes in for spring semester (graduates in December from HS) can his scholarship be counted towards the year before's total? Also, could that be a reason why it kind of seems like Kill is recruiting way over the 25 scholarship limit? I know that Marcus Jones came in December and there are a couple others in years past as well as for this next class. Thanks.

Yes, they would be counted as part of the 2011 total. This would also be true for December junior college transfer along with prep school players (Campion). I believe there is a limit as to how many players that you can back date like this. It could be two or three.

Yes, they would be counted as part of the 2011 total. This would also be true for December junior college transfer along with prep school players (Campion). I believe there is a limit as to how many players that you can back date like this. It could be two or three.

I believe you and only count three back to 2011. So they can probably sign 28 with three going back to 2011. He then wants about 7 walk-ons to get to his 35 total. If guys leave, they might be able to have 3 more to scholarships. I'm sure I'm off a couple.

A player such as Nelson, who's a student at a Minnesota public high school could probably not have to be counted as a scholarship player for the semester that he's still in high school. I believe that could be considered a PSEO situation with the high school sending their state aid to the U of M. Not sure how it works with out of state player's.

A player such as Nelson, who's a student at a Minnesota public high school could probably not have to be counted as a scholarship player for the semester that he's still in high school. I believe that could be considered a PSEO situation with the high school sending their state aid to the U of M. Not sure how it works with out of state player's.
This wouldn't work for Nelson. I think each district has a certain school they partner with for PSEO meaning that Nelson would have to go to that school, logically being Mankato State.

Top Bottom