Recruiting

gophers141

Reaction score
Does Kill have any potential big recruits that may still sign with us that could make an immediate impact next year?

It's really hard to say, if you follow recruiting closely offers are made late, get pulled, players de-commit. Let's hope that Kill has some wild cards up his sleave!

Dinero Moss has already significantly impacted my life

ESPN lists these players as (Considering"

**** Jamal Marcus - DE
**** Todd Gurley - ATH
**** Greg Garmon - ATH
**** Jordan Armstrong - ATH
**** Faith Ekakitie - DE
**** Nick Davidson - OT
**** Jordan Diggs - S
**** David Perkins - ATH

Along with a plethera of 3, 2,1, and player that are not even rated.

I don't know if there is any interest from any of these player with the U but it would be great to land even 1 of them. Does anybody know anything about these recruits and their possible interest in the U?

I may be guilty of drinking the kool aid, but this is shaping up as a very interesting recruiting class. Depending, of course, on who actually signs. Unlike under Brewster, I expect each class of Kill's to improve as the program improves year by year. I just wonder how the devil big is this group going to get? This raises the question, of course, just how many are leaving?

ESPN lists these players as (Considering"

**** Jamal Marcus - DE
**** Todd Gurley - ATH
**** Greg Garmon - ATH
**** Jordan Armstrong - ATH
**** Faith Ekakitie - DE
**** Nick Davidson - OT
**** Jordan Diggs - S
**** David Perkins - ATH

Along with a plethera of 3, 2,1, and player that are not even rated.

I don't know if there is any interest from any of these player with the U but it would be great to land even 1 of them. Does anybody know anything about these recruits and their possible interest in the U?
None of those are serious Gopher recruits. Look at who players are taking their official visits with. If it's for another team, and not us, they probably aren't really "considering" us. It's not totally unheard of, but certainly uncommon, for a player to take a bunch of visits and then commit to a team he never visited.

I think one of the biggest names that we are still in the mix for is Will Johnson, but as MV writes (scroll to the bottom), who knows?

Tevin Coleman at one point listed us as "No interest", but now we are back to warm and in the top 4.

LaMontiez Ivy has been brought up some on this board. Although, I don't know how hard we're actively recruiting him with Nelson and Leidner committed.

Although he may not be our top choice, if we are not able to get any more JUCO DBs, we have offered Dashone Smith. I have not heard his name brought up before, so he's another question mark to as if we're still actively recruiting him. Same goes for Terry Harden.

Dennis Parks has an offer from us, but I doubt it is still valid with the receiver commits we have right now (plus maybe D. Joyner).

McGaster has been talked about on this board, and he has also interviewed with either GI or GS. I can't remember which one. 247 Scout ESPN

Is this Joyner business all based on what Getthemall said about him visiting with the other Miami recruits?

It seems like forever since we have heard from him. Does anyone one know when the Miami Central kids are visiting?

Michaelson, Ford, Roullier, and other might be offered if we miss on guys like Holloway, Charles, McGaster, etc. I think we will have a decent class this year (based on my poor scouting eye).

Twitter is a buzz with tweets on recruiting. The guys from GI are all over it. One tweet says a 3* d-lineman wanted to commit, but was denied as coaches want them to visit first.

Dinero Moss: "Can't wait to play for #minnesota and put people in the dirt for coach kill"

Twitter is a buzz with tweets on recruiting. The guys from GI are all over it. One tweet says a 3* d-lineman wanted to commit, but was denied as coaches want them to visit first.

Christian Brown would be huge, but you think that there would be more buzz if Brown was considering us.

More likely - Toby Johnson or Kevin Forston. Both are JUCO and only have offers from us.

Jean-Marc Charles is another possibility, but you would think that there would be more buzz around his name if he were nearing a commitment.

Dinero Moss: "Can't wait to play for #minnesota and put people in the dirt for coach kill"

Great Quote: It seems like this year more than ever we are getting SOLID commits that are extremely excited to play for the coaching staff. I love seeing this.

I think someone with access to our recruits tweets should start a Thread, this is good stuff fro MOSS and BARRINGTON.

I went to EPHS and played for coach Grant the word that I am hearing is that Drake Mickelson as of today is probably in the preferred walk on category along with Andrew Larson.

Any idea who they are referring to here?

The tweet in question referenced a 3-star DL from Florida. My guess would be Jean-Marc Charles?

Yes, according to GI it is Charles. They talked with him tonight...

I know a DB we should go after who even had an offer from LSU.....Chip Armelin

If Chip Armelin chooses to play football sometime in his career, it very likely won't be at the U.

Can we just sticky this baby and use it for our offseason recruiting thread?

Jerry knows there are scholarship limits, right?

Nice, mcpeepants.

Has anyone noticed that all of our two-star commits have a rivals rating of 5.4? There are plenty of two-stars with 5.3 or lower at other schools, but all the gopher commits are just an inch from three-stars.

My Question Also

Jerry knows there are scholarship limits, right?

When Jerry went to school they must have taught him "new math". Everybody here seems to believe that Jerry has this all figured out. That is because they believe he knows that x number of people will be leaving because of academic issues and y number of people will be leaving because they are not a good fit with the program.

My personal perspective on this is from the movie "Shakespeare in Love" where the narrator is in danger of losing his theater and says something to the effect "somehow it all seems to work out but I don't know how." There are so many balls in play that affect the number of recruits we can have that we don’t understand, yet people seem to be comfortable with "somehow it all seems to work out but I don't know how."

On the other hand the reason I still believe in Santa Clause is there is always a present from him to me every Christmas morning. How I deal with that is the belief that if it isn’t broken don’t fix it.

Let the poaching of Illinois recruits begin! Taylor Barton just tweeted:

Just had a meeting with #minnesota

Brisly Estime responded to this tweet with: "tell dem to come to atlantic high...", to which Barton responded "hes supposed to be headed that way soon". Given that they both share the name Estime and go/went to the same HS, is it safe to assume Brisly is Wedley Estime's brother? If the coaches are in fact going to Atlantic, it would seem Brisly is the one they would be going to meet, given the other recruits available there.

Brisly Estime responded to this tweet with: "tell dem to come to atlantic high...", to which Barton responded "hes supposed to be headed that way soon". Given that they both share the name Estime and go/went to the same HS, is it safe to assume Brisly is Wedley Estime's brother? If the coaches are in fact going to Atlantic, it would seem Brisly is the one they would be going to meet, given the other recruits available there.

Brisly is listed as a 5'9, 185 pound safety. Supposedly one offer, from Bethune Cookman. According to Rivals, it doesn't appear that many of his teammates are being recruited all that much - a WR has committed to Florida Atlantic, but that's about it.

Top Bottom