Recruiting strategy

Friend of Tubby said:
GopherFish said:
Actually, they might disagree with YOU. How many of them were rated as high as Cory and chose to play for Tubby? Daily Gopher said Tubby's system might be hindrance to landing a recruit like Cory Joseph. Even Cory said he wanted an uptempo system, not grind out system like at Minnesota.

Prince Top 10. Bogans Top 5. Hayes Top 25. Azubuike Top 25. Morris Top 10. Rondo Top 25. Meeks Top 40.

Each was HS A-A (either McDonalds, Parade, Student Sports and/or Street & Smith).

Oh snap. Someone got served.

And your point is what?? That you are incapable of analyzing and weighting the odds of an event. In case you didn't get the memo, Texas was an odds on favorite to be Cory's destination and Villanova was likely his second choice.

UCONN was #2, IMO...it was between Texas and UCONN.

Obviously the chances of signing him are zero now... How can you put odds on what the chances of signing him were? Maybe you don't know what the word chance means. When you flip a coin, there's a 50/50 chance for heads or tails. If it ends up heads, that doesn't mean tails had a 0% chance just because it wasn't the end result. You can't say there was a 0% chance of Cory signing here just because he signed with Texas. You can't really put odds on a choice like that.

Chances of Cory are zero as I type and I said 10%. Do the math!

Thank you. I'm glad someone else pointed out how stupid that logic of his was.

Good point, since it is in any way possible, relevant, or fair to evaluate the probability of something thats GOING to occur AFTER the event occurs.

On a related note, nobody but Duke ever had any chance at winning the national championship this year....why did the other teams even bother to show up? ;)

Top Bottom