recruiting sabotage

btowngopher

Reaction score
I'm surprised their isn't more sabotage involved with recruiting. For example, say Kill gets Rucker to flip to us from Iowa, it'd probably cause some damage to just tell him to keep the flip on the DL til the last minute. Iowa would be stuck with no time to find a replacement. Does this ever happen, or is it just too dirty of a tactic to be acceptable.

I'm sure it does happen, but I've got to believe it could backfire. The recruit and/or his parents might think that's a lack of respect and integrity which could change their decision. You also have got to believe "what comes around, goes around."

You are trying to tell a kid you are recruiting that you are an institution and staff with integrity, and then you advocate lying to his existing school? Maybe some people can reconcile that behavior, but I would not want to do business with them or actually associate with them.

You are trying to tell a kid you are recruiting that you are an institution and staff with integrity, and then you advocate lying to his existing school? Maybe some people can reconcile that behavior, but I would not want to do business with them or actually associate with them.

This. And it also sends the wrong message to the recruit. I think it seems to imply that a big part of the reason you want that athlete is because he is going to a rival.

I'm sure it does happen, but I've got to believe it could backfire. The recruit and/or his parents might think that's a lack of respect and integrity which could change their decision. You also have got to believe "what comes around, goes around."

I agree it probably does happen, but I think more often than not late flips are more student changed his mind late than coach told him to keep quiet. I think you want to get as much publicity as you can for the kids you are signing, so even though it may hurt the other school, you usually will benefit from having them switch sooner than later. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom