Recruiting Question

goldfan24

Reaction score
Do any of the GHer recruitniks know if the Gophers have much if any interest in recruiting these local high school players? Tarpley, Olson, and Grant will be playing at the Metrodome Friday Night in a great match-up.

A.J. Tarpley LB
Max Busher LB
Taylor Grant TE
Zach Vraa WR
Grant Olson LB

Don't know about the other three but Tarpley has been committed to Stanford for a long time.

Don't know about the other three but Tarpley has been committed to Stanford for a long time.

I have wondered about Tarpley. Rivals has him listed as a soft verbal to Stanford, and has us among his "medium" interest teams. It does not list us as having offered.

As for the rest, I suspect that they are probably holding out for better offers than they have right now. It would be great if we could get some of them to join on as preferred walk-ons, or possibly even scholarship players if we have some left before signing day.

Just looking at their size and speed, they all look like they could be Big 10 caliber players. The three LBs-Tarpley, Olson, and Busher-are all around 6'2" 220 with 4.6-4.7 speed. Vraa's measureables are pretty impressive for a WR-6'3" 200 lbs with 4.5 speed, and Grant looks to have frame that can grow into a good TE at 6'4" 225.

I have not seen any of them play, but I am a sucker for keeping kids in-state, so I am hoping we can keep at least some of them home and see how they turn out.

Just my views having played against a few of these guys the last two years:

As for Grant, I think he has a lot of potential and is a good athlete, but he didn't do anything special when I saw him and he dropped one pretty easy catch against us.

Vraa is a heck of a player and I would love seeing him in Maroon and Gold. Incredible athlete and he seems to catch everything that is thrown up to him, even with defenders draped all over him. Arguably the best player I have seen all year.

Busher is a heck of a player and is always around the ball. He has good speed and makes a lot of plays.

IMO Vraa is the best of this group and could be a great WR at the next level. I think he has all the tools.
________
Alaska medical marijuana

Busher looks much smaller than the weight he's listed at. He can't be much over 200 lbs.

Vraa has great balls skills and quick feet. He probably doesn't have the speed that most coaches are looking for, but i'd like to see the Gophers take a chance on him.

Top Bottom