Recruiting Personnel off to Auburn

NorthernLakesGopher

Reaction score
Recruiting staff taking a hit - both Steve Ruzic and Ty Gatson poached by Auburn. Ouch.

So Gatson is the only current staff that left to Auburn. Just saw almost simultaneous tweets announcing the two additions at Auburn and forgot Ruzic had a sack lunch at UNC on his way to Auburn. War Eagle obviously liked what they saw in the bowl game!

PJ is the draw. Not whoever these Ruzic or Gatson guys are.

PJ is the draw. Not whoever these Ruzic or Gatson guys are.
Yeah, not sure there is much value in tracking moves like these. Sure there are lots of changes in behind the scenes personnel as people look to work their way up the ranks in various positions.

You have to be an old coot to remember "Spy vs Spy"
I'll always have a soft spot for Spy vs. Spy. As a very young lad I would steal my older brothers' paperback copies, sit down at the table with a pencil and paper and draw the characters, the bombs, guns, explosions,...you name it. I had never seen anything like it before and thought it was so cool. I guess you could say the strip was very inspirational for me.

I'll always have a soft spot for Spy vs. Spy. As a very young lad I would steal my older brothers' paperback copies, sit down at the table with a pencil and paper and draw the characters, the bombs, guns, explosions,...you name it. I had never seen anything like it before and thought it was so cool. I guess you could say the strip was very inspirational for me.
Me 2 - always infuriated my older brother🤣

Early rumor, but things might be shaking up at Auburn.

Could be nothing, but thats not stopping the memes.

Wonder if these guys are applying/seeking these jobs or they are being recruited to come there by the various universities ?

Wonder if these guys are applying/seeking these jobs or they are being recruited to come there by the various universities ?
I am sure there is some degree of networking.....someone you used to work with gets a job somewhere else and recommends they try to bring you in as well.

I doubt teams are actively trying to recruit behind the scenes staff people away from a school they are at though.

Would bet in almost all these cases the person making the move applied for the job at the new school for one reason or another, pay, location.....

Early rumor, but things might be shaking up at Auburn.

Could be nothing, but thats not stopping the memes.

Is there something more to the story than just a 6-7 season? Seems crazy to be on the hot seat after one season.

Is there something more to the story than just a 6-7 season? Seems crazy to be on the hot seat after one season.
Seems to be more. There a lot of rumors, but I think it says something when both the OC and DC decided to leave the program in the past couple of weeks. The OC was only there for 6 weeks. A former player just posted on Instagram saying, "I chose to leave Auburn because we got treated like we wasn't good enough, and like dogs. I love you Auburn nation. Coach Harsin has the true mindset for a winner but has a terrible mindset as a person." That post has been liked by 21 players that were on the 2021 roster. Their FB program seems an absolute mess right now.

Last edited:

Seems to be more. There a lot of rumors, but I think it says something when both the OC and DC decided to leave the program in the past couple of weeks. The OC was only there for 6 weeks. A former player just posted on Instagram saying, "I chose to leave Auburn because we got treated like we wasn't good enough, and like dogs. I love you Auburn nation. Coach Harsin has the true mindset for a winner but has a terrible mindset as a person." That post has been liked by 21 players that were on the 2021 roster. Their FB program seems an absolute mess right now.
There's also rumor of an extramarital affair - see reference above to Bobby Petrino

Now the Petrino references makes more sense. Thanks.

Top Bottom