Recruiting not ending on a strong note.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopher

Banned
Reaction score
..the last 45 days have not been kind to Brewster and the Gopher program. Besides the coaching instability it appears recruiting has REALLY fallen off. The only solid commit that is still on board from the last two months is Allen. It also appears that two targets that have been discussed alot recently look like they are real longshots based on recent information. There is much discussion about the impact to recruting those last 5 games had, and losing the last two home games by a combined 84-6 score. Some say it DID have an impact, others disagree. I can't believe it helped, but who knows? I think next season is VERY important for Brewster, if the team goes backwards recordwise, I think it will harm recruiting ALOT, and may signal that this program really can't succeed.

..the last 45 days have not been kind to Brewster and the Gopher program. Besides the coaching instability it appears recruiting has REALLY fallen off. The only solid commit that is still on board from the last two months is Allen. It also appears that two targets that have been discussed alot recently look like they are real longshots at this point. There is much discussion about the impact to recruting those last 5 games had, and losing the last two home games by a combined 84-6 score. Some say it DID have an impact, others disagree. I can't believe it helped, but who knows? I think next season is VERY important for Brewster, if the team goes backwards recordwise, I think it will harm recruiting ALOT, and may signal that this program really can't succeed.

maybe

on the other......a nice brand new stadium that is actually being used and one that we can show recruits will be worth GOLD

and we have a lot more instate talent next year.......that will be a big key also

Recruiting is not done buddy, so lets not judge the class quite yet.

We'll see.....

when u see what the last few commits look like we'll talk.

You already know who the last commits are? and better yet, you already know what kind of players they will turn out to be? Please let me know what round they will be drafted in the 2012 draft.

That is not an answer. tell me the last recruits names or be quiet because if you don't know their names you are just speculating and don't need to prove anything.

No...

..because I won't post information I paid for.

I speculate we will get at least 1 more 4 star before signing day and another 4 star last minute switch on signing day and we will be top 25. I am only speculating so I don't need to give names and I can say "just watch"

Well....

..I won't, You will certainly find out soon enough. Suffice it to say the news isn't good, AND I'M NOT MAKING IT UP. I'm sure you are smart enough to figure it out, based on who is not commited but are Gopher targets.

Do you mean you paid for information you received from a site that thinks Lane Kiffin is our Coach and Josh Heupel is our OC? You mean that reliable site?

Right

Do you mean you paid for information you received from a site that thinks Lane Kiffin is our Coach and Josh Heupel is our OC? You mean that reliable site?

what the hell are you talking about?

Rivals reported that Lane Kiffin was our Coach before the U announced the Brewster hire. They also reported a Heupel hire before taking it off their site.

I speculate we will get at least 1 more 4 star before signing day and another 4 star last minute switch on signing day and we will be top 25. I am only speculating so I don't need to give names and I can say "just watch"

Well, considering we are now ranked 42nd, it will take ALOT to move to the top 25, ALOT. Based on what I know, we will be VERY fortunate to get even ONE 4* at this point, VERY fortunate. And I'm not speculating.

Gopher,

It's two words, "A LOT."

I'm very fortunate to know that. And I'm not speculating.

I know...

..but I don't worry much about spelling and grammar on these bulletin boards.

Well, considering we are now ranked 42nd, it will take ALOT to move to the top 25, ALOT. Based on what I know, we will be VERY fortunate to get even ONE 4* at this point, VERY fortunate. And I'm not speculating.

mike edwards.......4 star db currently has us at the top

and....

..an upcoming trp to Tennessee. THEN we'll see if we are on top. Remember, Tennessee has lower academic standards than the U.

I was a Mason fan. Having said that, he typically recruited in the mid to late-50's (ranking wise) and his BEST class - the one with LoMo was ranked 38th. So I don't know that I would look at a recruiting ranking in the 40's as taking a step backward in recruiting. Coaching is another question and we'll have at lest 12 more games to judge that on before anything is determined.

..the last 45 days have not been kind to Brewster and the Gopher program. Besides the coaching instability it appears recruiting has REALLY fallen off. The only solid commit that is still on board from the last two months is Allen. It also appears that two targets that have been discussed alot recently look like they are real longshots based on recent information. There is much discussion about the impact to recruting those last 5 games had, and losing the last two home games by a combined 84-6 score. Some say it DID have an impact, others disagree. I can't believe it helped, but who knows? I think next season is VERY important for Brewster, if the team goes backwards recordwise, I think it will harm recruiting ALOT, and may signal that this program really can't succeed.

Gopher = Pantherhawk (waituntilnextyearagain)

Ohh sorry....

I should just make up sh$t versus telling the truth. I've been following college football a long time, and the U has to be one of the most mis-managed athletic programs inthe country. Other than those who live in that part of the country, Minnesota IS NOT part of the college football landscape. I get alot of "It's Minnesota, after all" from my friends when discussing college football. We often ignore what the the perception is for those outside of the local area, and that perception can be a problem when recruiting high school football players. Despite Brewster's efforts, it's sill a steep uphill battle.

I am not convinced that Jeremy Gainer, Michael Carter, and Sheldon Richardson are locks to stick to their commitments and Drummond, Edwards, Wingo and Andre Harris are all possibilities.

I should just make up sh$t versus telling the truth. I've been following college football a long time, and the U has to be one of the most mis-managed athletic programs inthe country. Other than those who live in that part of the country, Minnesota IS NOT part of the college football landscape. I get alot of "It's Minnesota, after all" from my friends when discussing college football. We often ignore what the the perception is for those outside of the local area, and that perception can be a problem when recruiting high school football players. Despite Brewster's efforts, it's sill a steep uphill battle.

Spoken like a true Hawkeye.

Ohh really?.....

..there is only one, maybe two realistic possibilities on your list. If I were a betting man I would bet we get ZERO from your list. ZERO. The chances that I'm right are MUCH greater than any chance you will be right. As I said...we'll see and I'll revisit this thread on Feb 5. I promise.

Admit what?

At least you admit it this time.

Based on the number of posts from HAWGEYE fans the last few months, they aren't worried about us. If you think the Gopher football program has been managed well the last 40 years then you really do have your head buried in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom