Recruiting Hat Trick

A DE from Byron, QB/ATH from Caledonia, and LB/TE from east of the river.

Big shake up going into summer splash

They look very athletic. Their ratings will get better after the rating services look at them closer.

I have known Colin since 1st grade. He comes from a great family and school. His character is beyond reproach. He will work his butt off for the Gophers. These are the kind of players the U of M needs.
That was a pretty good D-Line last year for Byron. The opposite side DE is playing for NDSU next year. Another interior DL for them signed with a DII program.

Last edited:

Very under the radar takes for the staff but they seem like good development guys!

Gonna start the “too soon” take now but I’d love to see Hansen get a shot at OT.

I’d like to see Halavacka at MLB. Look at his box jump and agility drill. I can picture him ranging sideline to sideline making tackles.

Per STrib:

Over the next two weekends, the Gophers football program will hold its "Summer Splash'' recruiting gatherings, in which coach P.J. Fleck and his staff play host to roughly 30 high school seniors-to-be with the hopes of turning scholarship offers into verbal commitments for Minnesota's 2025 recruiting class.

Late Wednesday night and early into Thursday morning, Fleck and Co. made a pre-Summer Splash splash by securing commitments from three players who attended a camp on campus.

Ethan Stendel, an athlete from Caledonia, Minn.; Colin Hansen, a defensive end from Byron, Minn.; and Rhett Hlavacka, a linebacker from Fond Du Lac, Wis., each announced on the X platform that they had committed to the Gophers. The addition of the trio gives the Gophers 10 players who have pledged to their 2025 class, with more to come during the Summer Splash weekends.

Stendel got the late-night flurry started Wednesday at 10:18 p.m. with his announcement. The 6-3, 200-pounder plays quarterback for Caledonia but could end up at linebacker with the Gophers. He passed for 1,482 yards and 12 touchdowns and rushed for 382 yards and 10 TDs last year for the Warriors, a perennial Class 2A power. Stendel is a two-star recruit and No. 23-ranked player in Minnesota in the 2025 class, according to 247Sports. He has scholarship offers from North Dakota and Northern Iowa and received interest from South Dakota State and North Dakota State.

Hansen posted his announcement on the X platform at 11:33 p.m. The 6-7, 235-pounder is a three-star recruit and the No. 9-ranked player in Minnesota in the 2025 class. His scholarship offers included FBS schools Washington State, Northern Illinois and Ohio University, along with FCS teams North Dakota State, Northern Iowa and South Dakota.

Hlavacka announced his commitment at 12:12 a.m. Thursday. The 6-4, 235-pounder is a three-star recruit and the No. 17 player in Wisconsin in the 2025 class, according to 247Sports. Hlavacka had 110 tackles (71 solo), 11 tackles for loss, three sacks and three forced fumbles for Fond Du Lac in 2023. His list of offers includes Memphis, Northern Illinois, Ohio University, Illinois State and Northern Iowa.

Go Gophers!!

Welp I spent about 30 minutes on a post listing all of the athletic ability in these 3. Then the website crashed or something and erased it all.

TLDR: All 3 have impressive athleticism based on T/F results and Twitter clippings. Even some of their T/F stuff is from 10th grade which would imply they’re even better now. With more data and exposure we could see some solid bumps for these guys.

Will be interested to see how many DE's they take. Already have quite a few signed and a lot more visiting the next 2 weekends. Wonder if they see some moving inside or back to LB.

Stendel finished tied for 3rd place in the Section Meet in the High Jump and qualified for State. His jump of 6'4" tied for 3rd best of all State entrants. (kid from Grand Meadow went 6'8") Looks like he'll compete on Friday. results available on MSHSL web site if you have the patience to navigate that hell-hole.

Stendel finished 3rd in the Section meet in the 110 High Hurdles, but did not qualify for state.
He was also a long jumper.

No edge visits the next 2 weeks just DT. I think they may be done with edge recruits.

Should have said no uncommitted edge’s visiting just committed.

Very under the radar takes for the staff but they seem like good development guys!

Gonna start the “too soon” take now but I’d love to see Hansen get a shot at OT.
Under the radar before their senior seasons is more intriguing than being under the radar after it.

I have known Colin since 1st grade. He comes from a great family and school. His character is beyond reproach. He will work his butt off for the Gophers. These are the kind of players the U of M needs. That was a pretty good D-Line last year for Byron. The opposite side DE is playing for NDSU next year. Another interior DL for them signed with a DII program.
Byron has been running roughshod over Big 9 schools for several years now.

Top Bottom