Recruiting Database

Gopherprof

Reaction score
Hello Gopher fans,

I have been entrusted with the upkeep of the long-neglected database on this website. Over the coming days and weeks I will be adding a little bit each day (busy schedule this semester). While I consider myself generally well-informed on recruiting issues, I do not pay for pay for any recruiting websites, which can occasionally leave me at a disadvantage when prime information is well-concealed (it's usually not).

Therefore, I'm asking you, the avid Gopher reader, to be a positive part of the process in making this website a prime source of recruiting information. In particular, for those of you who get your news online, pass along any articles which mention Gopher recruits (whether it is about the Gophers or not). I'm not asking anyone to share information which requires payment, only that which may be obscure or hard to find. Information consolidation is where it is at people.

I look forward to anything people have to offer, and hope that the database will be up and kicking shortly.

Stay in school,
Gopherprof

I wonder if we could do something in a "wiki" format so that the labor of updating could be shared? Your efforts are much appreciated.

Actually, I would prefer that people not be able to change the things that I do. Maybe it's the academic in me. We frown on wiki. :)

That said, if anyone sees something they know (or strongly think) to be wrong, please let me know. Otherwise, a PM or message in here with information or a link would do the trick.

More recruiting info will be a big plus for this site. Where's Kyle Kesell when you need him? (JUST A JOKE!!!!)

Thanks for doing this Gopherprof!! By the way, Kyle Kessel knows recruiting. Where is Kyle Kessel?

http://enhance.endavomedia.com/link...=0bec9a62eb436f991aad9d6f6489b03b&sharetype=2

I could probably hook up some video for some of the recruits. I'm not wizard on embedding these things, but we could probably give it the old college try (get it?).

That would be cool if someone could get some video of these guys. Two guys I've seen some clips of that surprise the HECK out of me were Tatum and Tauaefa. Tatum is fast and a fierce tackler, and Tauaefa is a friggin beast!! Man does that guy look strong. Any way we could put a little more speed on him and stick him at MLB??? Would love to have that guy staring at the QB every down. Seeing clips of these two I have no more concerns that we took a couple guys that haven't been rated highly by Rivals, these guys look more impressive than some higher rated guys I've happened to watch.

Another suggestion for this recruits database: any way to get decent summaries of their games? Say one guy had a bunch of sacks or TDs, would be interesting to hear their stats. Just something for thought... Thanks for taking the time!

That would be cool if someone could get some video of these guys. Two guys I've seen some clips of that surprise the HECK out of me were Tatum and Tauaefa. Tatum is fast and a fierce tackler, and Tauaefa is a friggin beast!! Man does that guy look strong. Any way we could put a little more speed on him and stick him at MLB??? Would love to have that guy staring at the QB every down. Seeing clips of these two I have no more concerns that we took a couple guys that haven't been rated highly by Rivals, these guys look more impressive than some higher rated guys I've happened to watch.

Another suggestion for this recruits database: any way to get decent summaries of their games? Say one guy had a bunch of sacks or TDs, would be interesting to hear their stats. Just something for thought... Thanks for taking the time!

Tauaefa - http://enhance.endavomedia.com/link...=141a57a2929418f20bb82dd3694d89a4&sharetype=2

If you are not stealing some of the information from the subscription recruiting sites you are working with both arms tied behind your back. GopherHole needs to come up with the funds to pay the subscriptions. Enough said.

Thanks for the stuff guys. Once I get the groundwork laid (actually getting recruits in the sytem) I'll work on the bells and whistles. Keep it coming!

If you are not stealing some of the information from the subscription recruiting sites you are working with both arms tied behind your back. GopherHole needs to come up with the funds to pay the subscriptions. Enough said.
Make a specific donation to the "get Gopherhole a rivals subscription" fund. I'm sure they would be glad to take it :)

There have got to be some NCAA rules against a professor having contact with prospective recruits. Are you actually calling recruits or are you just compiling other people's information?

There have got to be some NCAA rules against a professor having contact with prospective recruits. Are you actually calling recruits or are you just compiling other people's information?
There's probably not, since I'm not being paid. In any event, no I'm not.

For college, yes. He plays quarterback in high school. Very often your best athlete will be at quarterback.

I know you're mainly concerned about the national recruits, have you given any thought to the local kids who have a D1 shot that maybe aren't on the national radar, or does that scope just get to big for what you're doing?

Top Bottom