Recruiting Advice

GopherLady

Reaction score
Random question for any experts that would know...what seniors (over about 6'6) are still left in the state of Minnesota, that have not signed to any schools? I was having a hard time thinking of some.

Also, if you've seen any of them play, please indicate your thoughts on them. Thanks in advance!

How About Taylor Steinbauer?

6'8" Forward from Owatonna. 3 yr. starter. Very good ball skills and shooter. Mobile. Needs to put on some muscle. Definitely better skills than IA's Brommer, but not as athletic.

I think he could find some minutes at a mid-major.

http://www.owatonna.com/news.php?viewStory=32076

I thought it was, "you give me 5 dusty Rycherts a case of wine and you don't see me for a week." Maybe i heard wrong.

I've never seen either of these guys play or know much about them, but they are apparently available and fit your criteria!

Emmanuel Addo
Ht: 6-8 Wt: 220
AAU Team: Minn. Magic Elite
High School: Northfield Sr.
(Northfield, MN)

Jordan Aaberg
Ht: 6-8 Wt: 210
Year: Class of 2009
AAU Team: ECI MN Gold
High School: Rothsay Sec.
(Rothsay, MN)

Les and RW's - thank you so much, that is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it!

Sorry Schnoodler, I think Caravan was on the money! Haha :)

i think this kid is a junior but he is big. curtis mikelson from ashby, mn. i think he is around 6'9" with a nice big frame. he is putting up huge numbers. his big bro is around 6'7" and is at bemidji st and his lil bro is goig to be evev bigger. i believe he shu down that kid from rothsay or atleast had better numbers

Another Junior

What about Zach Vraa from Rosemount? He is a Junior and I don't think he is 6'6", but is averaging 18.6 ppg and about 8 rpg for Rosemount in the tough lake conference.

Also a very good WR for the Irish football team - so obviously a good athlete.

i think this kid is a junior but he is big. curtis mikelson from ashby, mn. i think he is around 6'9" with a nice big frame. he is putting up huge numbers. his big bro is around 6'7" and is at bemidji st and his lil bro is goig to be evev bigger. i believe he shu down that kid from rothsay or atleast had better numbers

I went to high school in Ashby and have seen Curtis play a # of times. He is HUGE! 6'9 and maybe 300 pounds. (Very slow however) He has had a # of games of over 30 points and 25 rebounds but Ashby has no guards to get him the ball. From what I hear, Idaho offered him a scholly this summer and he might take it. BTW, the kid wears size 19 shoes!

His brother is already 6'7 and got his first start as a freshmen two nights ago. He has always been projected to be the biggest of the Michelson's so I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him up to 7' or so...Dad is about 6'4 and mom is 6'2 or something.

I've went on and on, but it's fun to see the name Ashby on here....I graduated with 25 kids! :)

BTW, Curtis is a senior and defintely fits into Gopherlady's criteria!

Thank you guys all so much...there are very few questions that can't be answered with the experts on GH!

I've never seen either of these guys play or know much about them, but they are apparently available and fit your criteria!

Emmanuel Addo
Ht: 6-8 Wt: 220
AAU Team: Minn. Magic Elite
High School: Northfield Sr.
(Northfield, MN)

Jordan Aaberg
Ht: 6-8 Wt: 210
Year: Class of 2009
AAU Team: ECI MN Gold
High School: Rothsay Sec.
(Rothsay, MN)

Aaberg signed with NDSU this past fall......

Top Bottom