Recruit MAXX Williams to Play Hoops

Reaction score
In a Dave Winfield like move, let's ask MAXX Williams to join the hoopsters in January, 2015. While I say it in jest, he'd have the best hands on the team, could get off the floor and could clearly clear out by the rim for some much needed RBs and put backs.

No I haven't lost my mind!

Great Idea!

In a Dave Winfield like move, let's ask MAXX Williams to join the hoopsters in January, 2015. While I say it in jest, he'd have the best hands on the team, could get off the floor and could clearly clear out by the rim for some much needed RBs and put backs.

No I haven't lost my mind!

If I had a dollar for every time they bring up Antonio Gates being a basketball player I would be rich. It would definitely add to his lore.

Elmore, Krizancic maybe. but only if Jimmy Williams is coaching

I'm usually skeptical of stuff like this, but Williams is special. I wonder...

Isn't Maxx like 6'5? He'd have to play small forward, with his body type there is no way he could pull that off. If he were taller he could make a decent PF.

Donovahn Jones is the best B-ball player on the team. Mitch has even said this. There are quite a few guys actually that I would think would be better than Maxx. Did he even play HS basketball?

Maxx would be a moron to play basketball. He likely is a first or second round NFL pick this year. Risking an ACL injury playing basketball would not be very smart.

i asked Gaelin Elmore about it the other day and he would be interested but is pretty sure Coach Kill would not be as interested. Gaelin also mentioned that for this year he would be more interested in making sure he can keep his grades up. Not to mention (but i will) about a week after the bowl game, he will probably be on a lifting program designed to add 30 pounds of muscle. Running in a Pitino practice would not be conducive to that. I would like to see him try it next year though, hope we don't need him.

You can be a 6'5" PF is you have the right build. See Coffey, Richard or the extreme case of Barkley, Charles.

This is all in fun. A few muscular pf 6-6 and shorter: Larry Johnson, Barkley, Byron Houston, Dantley, Corliss Williamson, Chuck Hayes, just off the top of my head. Also remember if Max is 6-5 in football without shoes, he would be the same height as a 6-6 basketball player, measured in shoes.

Isn't Maxx like 6'5? He'd have to play small forward, with his body type there is no way he could pull that off. If he were taller he could make a decent PF.

I saw Elmore play basketball in high school and he was dominant albeit against pretty small-school competition. He looked like a man against boys.....and he's significantly bigger now.

I saw Elmore play basketball in high school and he was dominant albeit against pretty small-school competition. He looked like a man against boys.....and he's significantly bigger now.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying, but the MBC is NOT a good basketball conference.

Top Bottom