Record as Starter

gopherswag

Reaction score
For all the criticisms of Mitch and what he struggles with...the fact remains he is 10-4 as a starter...he is a winner. Hackenberg is lauded as a potential early round draft pick and has a record of 13-10. (likely 13-11 after loss against MSU next week). Just shows talent and ability isn't everything. Will to win is very important.

It is a team game. Check that. It is the ULTIMATE team game.

I was always a fan of Adam Weber but he faced a lot of the same problems that are currently making Hackenberg look like a bad QB.

10-4 as a starter is a very nice stat for Mitch to hang his hat on though...

Not bad for a QB barely good enough to play for Augsburg.

I have this long time battle with my bro-in-law about ML7, he sees the improvement but thinks he should be better. I keep telling him that he is a red shirt sophomore. limited experience. give him time he is making some very good plays right now.

give the team another year and have a RS Junior as your starting QB and see where this team can go.

my hope is for the gophers to be able to win 4 non conference games next year which will not be easy with TCU and Colorado State on the schedule. with two cup cakes after those two maybe we can get leads enough to allow other players time to get experience.

Is the sarcasm meter in this place totally broken?

+1

From now on when posting, Gopherhole should also include a sarcasm meter.

No, why do you ask?

I was referring to the seemingly serious response to Dr. Don's seemingly sarcastic post. The Augsburg QB is pretty good, but if Leidner played in the MIAC, he'd probably lead the league in rushing and passing.

Hey, I could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off here.

I'm a big Leidner fan but 10-4 is a bit misleading. He started against Northwestern and Nebraska last year but Nelson played the vast majority of both those wins. 8-4 is more accurate and still an impressive record for him though.

I'm a big Leidner fan but 10-4 is a bit misleading. He started against Northwestern and Nebraska last year but Nelson played the vast majority of both those wins. 8-4 is more accurate and still an impressive record for him though.

Would you prefer "10-4 in games he's started"? Let's find ways to celebrate all the good we have going right now.

He's good at everything--except the things a really good quarterback is supposed to be good at.

Top Bottom