Recap of Richard Pitino and Nate Mason's post game interview on 1500

BleedGopher

Reaction score
These notes are not verbatim, but close:

Nate Mason:

This was big for us and our team. For us being so young. The Michigan State game helped and matured us.
This game is big for my confidence. After the Michigan State game I was in the gym making sure I didn’t make the same mistakes again. We just executed the game plan tonight.
We were hungry tonight. Michigan State was a devastating loss, we felt we had them. We wanted to learn from that game and we did.
It was big to see Eric step up and hit big shots. We have a lot of confidence in him.
We were ready for Purdue tonight. We were ready to play.

Richard Pitino:
Feel pretty good. So many things to be happy with. Nate Mason was terrific. They all made big plays when they needed to. Eric Curry made big plays off the bench. We responded from last game and we did that.
Nate Mason is playing terrific. He isn’t turning the ball over. There is a lot to be proud of and be happy with his effort. He put in work and its showing. He should be proud.
We wanted to get fans proud of us again. We had to sit on last year for months but to get a great road win is big.
I think Eric Curry is going to be really good. He’s going to be a terrific player. I think we got a steal there. He can spread it out, he rebounds well, he had a good low post move.
Reggie battled. I told him that he didn’t show great toughness against Michigan State but he did tonight. He defended late without fouling. I am proud of how he responded.
It was great to have Dad and sister here. It was nice to reward them with the win.

GO Gophers!!

I liked Pitino's response when Grimm asked if Mason was an extension of him on the court. Pitino quipped, "When we win like this he's an extension of me. When we lose he's an extension of my assistants.

I liked Pitino's response when Grimm asked if Mason was an extension of him on the court. Pitino quipped, "When we win like this he's an extension of me. When we lose he's an extension of my assistants.

A politician in the making.

He has a great sense of humor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. Pitino gives Zimmer a run as best coach quote in MN. Underappreciated.

thanks for the notes, Bleed!

That's hilarious - just like when parents are like, that's "your" child when they misbehave!

Same connotation, but he said "when he plays like that" not "when we win/lose"

Top Bottom