Recap of Pitino interview on 1500...talked player evaluation, conditiong, recruiting

I notice a common criticism of many players is they look nervous or lack confidence. Wonder how a new coach could impact that.

Oto clearly has no strength. Pitino said he was excited about his shooting. The stats clearly state he has no business ever shooting.

I was obviously joking about firing him. I'm stoked for the Pitino era to begin!

I groaned when Oto went in last year. That said, I've spoken to knowledgeable basketball guys who have watched Oto play and practice and they really like him. It's strange but I am hopeful that Pitino can find the hidden Oto.

I groaned when Oto went in last year. That said, I've spoken to knowledgeable basketball guys who have watched Oto play and practice and they really like him. It's strange but I am hopeful that Pitino can find the hidden Oto.

Some guys get tense when the bright lights come on. I think it's all mental with Oto. Hopefully Pitino or one of the assistants can get through to him and help him relax. Pitino said he thinks Oto can be a pick and pop guy, if that's true it would be huge for this team to have a stretch 4 type.

The hidden Oto. I laughed when I read that.

I think maybe there's a little hidden Oto in each of us.

You need to turn the page. I was a Tubby supporter pretty much until the end, but I've had no trouble moving on. We understand that you're having trouble accepting the fact Tubby was fired. You've made your point.

Just a suggestion, but you might be better served frequenting the Texas Tech fan site. They'd probably love to hear more about Tubby. I think most of us here are more interested in moving forward and seeing how our new/young head coach can handle the rigors of coaching/recruiting vs. some of the coaching giants in the Big 10, of which there are many.

SS, I actually went to their website today. FTB is already there along with tons of angry MN fans who are bashing Tubby like crazy. I saw 2 Uk fans who wished Tubby was still their coach instead of calamari.

Go Gophers

SS, I actually went to their website today. FTB is already there along with tons of angry MN fans who are bashing Tubby like crazy. I saw 2 Uk fans who wished Tubby was still their coach instead of calamari.

Go Gophers

I hope this isn't true. I was hoping Gopher fans were better than that.

GW, I know the quote looks bad, but I think it was more misspeaking than actually not understanding advanced stats. What he was getting at IMO was that they turn teams over more often so even if the Defensive FG% looks bad, the PPP on defense might not look bad (a la the VCU Rams). Of course, the possessions angle is nonsense

Thanks; have read the full quote now and it's less of a 'oh boy'. Still a little one, though...

----------------
Re: Tubby / Tech - Yikes. Not going to be pretty down there.

That's why I stay here, Truth. Am not interested in other schools' message boards. Interested in their team(s), certainly, but not interested in what their fans are saying about their players and/or current or former coach. It's pretty much the same everywhere. Coach is great, coach sucks, players/recruits are great, players/recruits suck. ... wash, rinse, cycle, repeat. It's enough hard work just trying to keep up with one message board.

That's why I stay here, Truth. Am not interested in other schools' message boards. Interested in their team(s), certainly, but not interested in what their fans are saying about their players and/or current or former coach. It's pretty much the same everywhere. Coach is great, coach sucks, players/recruits are great, players/recruits suck. ... wash, rinse, cycle, repeat. It's enough hard work just trying to keep up with one message board.

Very true. For the most part, this board is very good becasue of the contributions from people like you, Bleed and many others. I have become adicted to it. I need to get some help to cop with this adiction.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom