Reasons to be optimistic . . . #1 - TCU = Best team Gophers face all year

What a game (TCU vs Okla) .. 3 turnovers in 4 plays toward the end..good TV. Now that game doesn't look so bad. Great win for Coach Kill's buddy.

What say you now Doubting Thomases? The Gophers aren't as bad as people think, nor is TCU. It could very well be that TCU is the best defensive team the Gophers played against this year.

What say you now Doubting Thomases? The Gophers aren't as bad as people think, nor is TCU. It could very well be that TCU is the best defensive team the Gophers played against this year.

TCU's win today proves they are a very good potentially great team. Don't recall anyone saying TCU was bad, all we didn't know was just how good they might be. So I guess given what we know it means we lost to a very good team, it doesn't change the fact that we were not very competitive in the game against them though so not really sure what you really think was proven by TCU winning today in relation to the Gophers.

TCU's win today proves they are a very good potentially great team. Don't recall anyone saying TCU was bad, all we didn't know was just how good they might be. So I guess given what we know it means we lost to a very good team, it doesn't change the fact that we were not very competitive in the game against them though so not really sure what you really think was proven by TCU winning today in relation to the Gophers.

Reusse did.

When Pat Reusse said that, he was fishing - now - it appears that he had it all wrong.

Our defense played well against what now appears to be an awesome team. It appears that TCU is the best team we will face all year and so we can feel confident that our defense will do well the rest of the year despite all the injuries. That will give us a chance in all of our games as we won't face a tougher opponent. Good news today. And if TCU beats Baylor next week…no easy task…they will be favored to be in the playoffs.

Nope. We knew that they were good.....but this proves that they are REALLY good.

And if they win next week at unbeaten Baylor, which is not out of the question, they could easily end up in the top 4 at the end of the season.

We will not see another team with the overall team speed of TCU. I said it during the game against us and I watched some more. Position by position they will be as quick or quicker than anyone they play. Seriously, SEC type team speed.

And if they win next week at unbeaten Baylor, which is not out of the question, they could easily end up in the top 4 at the end of the season.

Absolutely. It would be quite the sham if they managed an undefeated season and didn't make it into the playoffs. That's one of the reasons why the playoffs were created in the first place.

However.....it is worth mentioning that they wouldn't have to be in the top four to make it. A committee decides the top four teams at the end of the season....so it's reasonable to think that they would be selected over a one loss team from another conference.

Next week at #3 Baylor is huge. A win would easily propel the Frogs into the top 5 in the polls. Baylor and OU were hands-down the favorites to win the Big 12. TCU should beat Texas Tech, Kansas, Texas, and Iowa State, for 8 wins minimum. At #3 Baylor, vs. #16 Oklahoma State, at RV West Virginia and vs. #17 Kansas State make for a tough road to a Big 12 title and CFP berth.

Some intrigue for the TCU-Baylor matchup:
- First Big 12 game in Baylor's brand new stadium
- All-time TCU-Baylor series is TIED at 51-51-7
- TCU and Baylor were cross-town rivals in Waco before TCU's campus burned down around 1903 and moved to Fort Worth
- TCU-Baylor is the most played still-running series in Texas (and second overall behind only UT-A&M) at 109 previous meetings.
- After some unsportsmanlike sideline antics of Baylor players went unaddressed by Art Briles last year in a heartbreaking 3-point TCU loss, Gary Patterson went on an epic rant in his post-game presser, saying of Briles "if that's what class is, I don't want to be it."

This game means a lot to TCU, and if the Frogs play with the same emotion and focus they did yesterday, they'll leave Waco with a W and a top 3-4 ranking. And they'll be the only undefeated Big 12 team in the driver seat for the conference title and the best hope for a CFP berth.

If TCU keeps winning, that's great to see this year, but also could mean we might face a top 10 or 15 ranked team for next year's home opener. That will be a fun game.

If TCU keeps winning, that's great to see this year, but also could mean we might face a top 10 or 15 ranked team for next year's home opener. That will be a fun game.

They will be highly ranked as they have 1 SR starting on offense and five on defense. Maybe they take a hit on defense. Gophers could be preseason 20-25 team as well.

That game against TCU next year will be an easy win for the Gophers.

Next week at #3 Baylor is huge. A win would easily propel the Frogs into the top 5 in the polls. Baylor and OU were hands-down the favorites to win the Big 12. TCU should beat Texas Tech, Kansas, Texas, and Iowa State, for 8 wins minimum. At #3 Baylor, vs. #16 Oklahoma State, at RV West Virginia and vs. #17 Kansas State make for a tough road to a Big 12 title and CFP berth.

Some intrigue for the TCU-Baylor matchup:
- First Big 12 game in Baylor's brand new stadium
- All-time TCU-Baylor series is TIED at 51-51-7
- TCU and Baylor were cross-town rivals in Waco before TCU's campus burned down around 1903 and moved to Fort Worth
- TCU-Baylor is the most played still-running series in Texas (and second overall behind only UT-A&M) at 109 previous meetings.
- After some unsportsmanlike sideline antics of Baylor players went unaddressed by Art Briles last year in a heartbreaking 3-point TCU loss, Gary Patterson went on an epic rant in his post-game presser, saying of Briles "if that's what class is, I don't want to be it."

This game means a lot to TCU, and if the Frogs play with the same emotion and focus they did yesterday, they'll leave Waco with a W and a top 3-4 ranking. And they'll be the only undefeated Big 12 team in the driver seat for the conference title and the best hope for a CFP berth.

Thanks Frog. I was so happy to see you beat OU. First, because it bodes well for our Gophers but also because you guys are a class act. We really enjoyed our visit to Fort Worth despite the loss. I have never been a big fan of OU and probably a result of the swindler I mean Switzer years.

Hopefully, you win out starting with Baylor next week. Your Baylor series sounds like our one with Wisconsin in that it's the longest consecutive rivalry in college football and there is no love loss between us. Bielema was our Briles a couple of years ago.

That game against TCU next year will be an easy win for the Gophers.

LOL - That is what you said this year. As I recall when I posted that TCU was a much better team than people realized you said it was the game that you were least worried about. So now you are doubling down?

LOL - That is what you said this year. As I recall when I posted that TCU was a much better team than people realized you said it was the game that you were least worried about. So now you are doubling down?

I posted this solely for your enjoyment KJ. I was making fun of myself. I have already admitted how much I underestimated TCU this year (started a post on the topic). They are very good and better than I expected. I suspect they will be very good next year too, but I'm concentrating on 2014.

An undefeated Power 5 team is in the top 4 without question.

I think it's the 2nd toughest non-conference game for any team in the B1G besides MSU at Oregon.

I posted this solely for your enjoyment KJ. I was making fun of myself. I have already admitted how much I underestimated TCU this year (started a post on the topic). They are very good and better than I expected. I suspect they will be very good next year too, but I'm concentrating on 2014.

I must admit that I was a little concerned by your previous post. Thanks for the clarification. I can now appreciate your humor and not worry about your sanity.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom