Really need Penn State to beat Iowa this week

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
Not too many loses on Iowas schedule with them missing OSU and Michigan.

Would be very Minnesotan to finally beat Iowa and Wisconsin, but come in second in the west to a one-loss Iowa team if we lost to OSU and Michigan.

Yes, it’s a long season and a lot can happen, but would be really good for us to have an Iowa loss this week.

Not too many loses on Iowas schedule with them missing OSU and Michigan.

Would be very Minnesotan to finally beat Iowa and Wisconsin, but come in second in the west to a one-loss Iowa team if we lost to OSU and Michigan.

Yes, it’s a long season and a lot can happen, but would be really good for us to have an Iowa loss this week.
Every week is a good week for an Iowa loss.

OP is spot on.

The “we control our destiny by sweeping the West and beating MSU” argument only holds water if Iowa takes a loss to one of its East opponents.

I agree that we need Penn State to beat Iowa....and I will be shocked if they don't. Iowa ran the ball well against Western Michigan but their offense is still very broken and their defense is not as dominant as it has been. There are plenty of opportunities on Iowa's schedule for a loss this year.

Iowa's TE1, RB1, & RB2 are all out. QB1 can't move well. They are in serious trouble moving forward. Every game except NW will be a dogfight for them.

Unfortunately their defense makes every game a dog fight for rivals. I wish their geezer of a defensive coach would retire and leave behind nothing but ruins.

Iowa has such a cake schedule its unreal. Prob hand them the West.
Their lack of scoring makes them a threat to lose at almost any time.

Of course, the jokes on me, as I'm saying this as a gopher fan.

That was true last year too.

I seem to recall they still won games anyway.

Right. Iowa offense sucked last year too and now their schedule against the East is easier.

We basically traded with them.

PSU wins it 24-12 (safety, field goal, defensive touchdown).

Top Bottom