Reading between the lines

Wow, maybe you should take some of your own advice and "Change your best" by engaging in actual conversations (i.e. not about spoofin) with members of the board who aren't Spoofin.

Seriously, this is the definition of sad.

Yep, this dude's act has gotten beyond pathetic. I really can't understand having that much animosity towards someone that you would create account after account just to troll him. Just pathetic at this point.

Let's hope that under Sanders greater TE involvement is not at the expense of WR play. I will be happy with 15-10% TE involvement in key situations to make it difficult for opposing defenses.
This is perfectly reasonable, and what people are actually talking about.

No one was ever suggesting that TE should get 50% of the targets. And yet, that seems to be the mindset of the replies from the strict WR only cohort.

Bottom line for me - if a team is not going to throw to the TE's, then why recruit TE's at all? Why not just take your #6 OL person, give him a jersey # in the 80's, and line him up at TE as an extra blocker?
Common sense suggests that even your #6 or #7 OL is going to be - or should be - a better blocker than any TE.

But, the Gophers keep recruiting TE's. Therefore, I have to assume that, at some point, they do have intentions of throwing the ball to the TE's. Otherwise, they are essentially putting an inferior blocker at what is apparently a blocking position in their scheme. Which doesn't make sense to me.

Wow, maybe you should take some of your own advice and "Change your best" by engaging in actual conversations (i.e. not about spoofin) with members of the board who aren't Spoofin.

Seriously, this is the definition of sad.
I’m guessing you don’t truly understand the definition of sad.

Yep, this dude's act has gotten beyond pathetic. I really can't understand having that much animosity towards someone that you would create account after account just to troll him. Just pathetic at this point.
It’s quite entertaining actually. Why the double spaces though?

I’m guessing you don’t truly understand the definition of sad.
Perhaps I don't, but in the end does it really matter when you're just gonna get yourself banned again? Something to ponder.

Have a nice day!

Perhaps I don't, but in the end does it really matter when you're just gonna get yourself banned again? Something to ponder.

Have a nice day!
You do, apparently this serial troll does not.

Maybe not, but as good as the offense was this year, there’s plenty of room for improvement. For example, they weren’t very good on first down, and they gave up way too many sacks. I’m sure the coaching staff will spend all off season trying to figure out how to fix that, rather than stick their heads in the sand, and pretend everything about the offense was great, because it wasn’t.

Did someone here — did anyone here — actually say that the offense couldn't possibly be improved?

I'm certain I never did.

Of course the Gophers offense could improve. So could any offense.

However, I seriously doubt the notion that throwing to tight ends more often is the 'secret sauce' that would dramatically improve the 2020 Gopher offense over the 2019 version. I'm sorry, but I just don't see throwing the ball to tight ends as all that crucial to future success.

That being said, I recognize the fact that some folks just love, love, love themselves some tight ends.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. To each his own.

Did someone here — did anyone here — actually say that the offense couldn't possibly be improved?

I'm certain I never did.

However, I seriously doubt the notion that throwing to tight ends more often is the 'secret sauce' that would dramatically improve the 2020 Gopher offense over the 2019 version. I'm sorry, but I just don't see throwing the ball to tight ends as all that crucial to future success.

That being said, I recognize the fact that some folks just love, love, love themselves some tight ends.

Actually, throwing occasionally to the TE is just one of many changes they could make to give Morgan more options and take some of the pressure off Bateman and the OL. Ultimately, their main role will be blocking, as it should be.

Have you always been anti-Tight End? Are you also anti-throwing to the RB? Do you ever question what you see on the field, or are you more of a “coach knows best” kind of a guy?

I'm certain I never did.

I love a great tight end. :)

Actually, throwing occasionally to the TE is just one of many changes they could make to give Morgan more options and take some of the pressure off Bateman and the OL. Ultimately, their main role will be blocking, as it should be.

Have you always been anti-Tight End? Are you also anti-throwing to the RB? Do you ever question what you see on the field, or are you more of a “coach knows best” kind of a guy?

I'm not "anti-tight end" (whatever that is). I'm not against throwing to any particular position group. I say, 'do whatever works best'.

As to your other question: the answer is an emphatic yes! I do happen to believe that the Gopher football coaches 'know best'. Certainly better than me, and maybe even better than you. Please don't take offense to that; you asked me the question and I'm giving you my honest opinion.

The goal of the offense is to move the ball and score points. Success is not measured by how often the QB throws to a particular position group.

That's all I'm saying.

I'm certain I never did.

The offense couldn't possibly be improved.

There I said it!

I'm not "anti-tight end" (whatever that is). I'm not against throwing to any particular position group. I say, 'do whatever works best'.

As to your other question: the answer is an emphatic yes! I do happen to believe that the Gopher football coaches 'know best'. Certainly better than me, and maybe even better than you. Please don't take offense to that; you asked me the question and I'm giving you my honest opinion.

The goal of the offense is to move the ball and score points. Success is not measured by how often the QB throws to a particular position group.

That's all I'm saying.

We usually agree on most things. In this case, I think we can agree that having more ways to beat someone would be better, and call it a night. I’m not one of the TE fanatics you like to refer to. I like what they did against Auburn, and I’m not only referring to the 3 TE targets. They kept Morgan upright. That’s the most important thing.

We usually agree on most things. In this case, I think we can agree that having more ways to beat someone would be better, and call it a night. I’m not one of the TE fanatics you like to refer to. I like what they did against Auburn, and I’m not only referring to the 3 TE targets. They kept Morgan upright. That’s the most important thing.

Yes, I think we do agree, mostly. I know I agree 100% with the bolded part of your post.

This was a good discussion.

They also, lost their last game, handily.

I'd be more interested in how often they passed to their TEs during their two Title seasons.

Seriously?

In 2018, Clemson TEs caught 17 passes for 144 yards. That's .5% of their receptions and .3% of their yards passing.

It's almost like a power running game mixed with an elite passer and WRs is a way to organize a dynamic championship-level offense.

Seriously?

In 2018, Clemson TEs caught 17 passes for 144 yards. That's .5% of their receptions and .3% of their yards passing.

It's almost like a power running game mixed with an elite passer and WRs is a way to organize a dynamic championship-level offense.
170% of our production. That explains a lot.

Seriously?

Ok, so ONE TEAM, ONE SEASON, made it work. I raise you two Super Bowl teams in 2020.

Ok, so ONE TEAM, ONE SEASON, made it work. I raise you two Super Bowl teams in 2020.

Wait, wait, wait. . . you said you didn't care about teams that lost the championship. Now, you are bringing up a team that lost the championship? Weird, it's almost like this is an illogical take.

I'm not opposed to throwing to the TE, but there is a fever for passing to the TE on the internet sometimes that seems to border on absurdity...

I like it too but there are limits to what it can do for you (compared to throwing to WRs...) and if you're OL struggles... even more limits.

Is anyone saying the tight end should be the mainstay of our offense? I think most people are thinking maybe 2 to 4 passes a game. It could actually help our WR get more open or open up the run game if the defense has to respect the tight end.

Is anyone saying the tight end should be the mainstay of our offense? I think most people are thinking maybe 2 to 4 passes a game. It could actually help our WR get more open or open up the run game if the defense has to respect the tight end.
The TE should be a mainstay of our offense.

See someone said it.

A TE is and absolute mainstay. They were on the field for most of Minnesota’s offensive plays.

You really think a defensive coordinator this year would have changed his game plan against us and stopped doubling Bateman or TJ because Bryce Witham caught 2 passes over the middle? Really?

You really think a defensive coordinator this year would have changed his game plan against us and stopped doubling Bateman or TJ because Bryce Witham caught 2 passes over the middle? Really?
solid strawman slugger. do you think that if the TE's caught 2-4 passes per game for 40-80 yards it would help or hinder the WR's get more open and/or open up the run game?

solid strawman slugger. do you think that if the TE's caught 2-4 passes per game for 40-80 yards it would help or hinder the WR's get more open and/or open up the run game?
It’s just JG. Once he states some opinion he never looks back - no matter how ridiculous it may become. Ask him about Royal Silver.

Top Bottom