Ray Hitchcock's prediction still hanging out there...

Big Ten Mind

Reaction score
Couple years ago Ray (good guy) said this program would gain "national prominence" by it's 5th year of the coaching regime. Well last season they had a chance but didn't finish in the top 25 of the final poll after losing to WI and then MO in the bowl. This season has been a clunker and may not even be bowling. Now next season the schedule softens up some so who knows...BTW he defined national prominence as finishing in the top 25.

Ray bleeds so much maroon-and-gold that I don't take anything he says about the Gophers seriously.

I didn't necessarily either but I know he'll extend it from 5 to 6 years to accomplish it....and who knows, maybe '16 turn out to be an '15 Iowa-like season but wouldn't bet on it.

I don't get the negativity about the program going forward.

Mitch as a senior has to improve, brooks and smith will be bigger and faster. The freshman wr class has 0 chance of being worse than this years crop of "weapons". O line should be better. Some questions on the defensive end, but let's be honest, they weren't that great the back half of the year anyway (injuries) so it can't be much worse right?

Should see some progress next year, hopefully this years struggles don't effect recruiting and program moral too much.

I don't get the negativity about the program going forward.

Mitch as a senior has to improve, brooks and smith will be bigger and faster. The freshman wr class has 0 chance of being worse than this years crop of "weapons". O line should be better. Some questions on the defensive end, but let's be honest, they weren't that great the back half of the year anyway (injuries) so it can't be much worse right?

Should see some progress next year, hopefully this years struggles don't effect recruiting and program moral too much.

If you have been a gopher fan as long as a lot of us on here have been, you would get tired of the old refrain "next year we should be better" followed by a litany of excuses as to why we sucked this year. After hearing the same optimism/excuses for over 10 years, I don't buy into next year's hype. Heard all before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have been a gopher fan as long as a lot of us on here have been, you would get tired of the old refrain "next year we should be better" followed by a litany of excuses as to why we sucked this year. After hearing the same optimism/excuses for over 10 years, I don't buy into next year's hype. Heard all before.

What else is there to do? This is called being a college football fan of a non helmet school.

That's true, but the 3 years before this season the team WAS better each year. My hope is this year was the blip on the radar, and the program will continue its ascension next year. Tough to envision after what we witnessed this year, but who knows. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom