Rationalizing Penn State loss

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Somehow I am able to rationalize all the losses this year. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

Before the game, many people, myself included, thought the game was winnable because Penn State was untested except for the Iowa loss. Perhaps they weren’t very good. Well, the problem with untested is that the opposite is possible, Penn State might be very good. It looks to me like they are very good (possible top ten team). So far in conference we have lost to the #2 team (PSU) and the #4 team (Wisconsin). Unfortunately #3 comes up next week and looks to be angry. Get ready for an angry Gopherhole next Saturday.

For me the real key will be whether we can beat MSU (arguably #5 or #6). If we beat MSU, Illinois and SDSU to get to seven wins and 4-4 in the Big Ten, this will be a very successful season.

PS I wonder if Brewster wishes he had Clint around still as a redshirt sophomore. Clearly he has no confidence in Gray yet.

PPS I think Iowa is beatable. They are very good and are really well coached but have to have at least one let-down game. Hopefully it is against us.

PPPS Third down defense is a real problem but PSU receivers made several great catches to keep drives alive. We need receivers other than Decker to make those catches (if the ball is thrown to them.

No real need for rationalization on this one...

Brew manned-up directly at his presser and said something like...I'm recalling now..."They were a more talented team with more depth and I was out-coached by Joe." EOS

Many GHers like to poke fun at his upbeat enthusiasm, but he's not delusional.

.PS I wonder if Brewster wishes he had Clint around still as a redshirt sophomore. Clearly he has no confidence in Gray yet.

Clint looked about as ready to play in the Big Ten as you are I do. He wouldn't help us in other words.

I have a very good feeling about Parrish though. Good enough to expect another QB controversy in 2011, when he is done redshirting.

Top Bottom