Rate PJ and staffs transfer portal performance!

Transfer poll grade:

• A: killing it!

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • B: Rowing along nicely!

Votes: 70 63.6%
  • C: meh. He could do better.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • D: This is a travesty!

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • F: Total failure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Incomplete: Won’t know til kickoff

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Considering we have bolstered our offensice line, whihc in my opinion is the position group that we lost the most guys at, this is pretty elite
The two OL we added were both medium high 4*s out of HS, both ranked in the top 150 players in their class. We've never come close to recruiting out of HS (since 247 ratings) an OL with rankings close to that high. I think this is a huge plus for the offense.

The number of players transferring out is higher than the number transferring in but if you are thinking those numbers are going to be equal you are going to be disappointed because we won't have any close to the same number of transfers coming in as we have going out.
The number of players transferring out had to be higher than the number transferring in because we had more than 85 scholarship players in 2021 (per NCAA COVID rules). We have to be at 85 for 2022. Our transfers out have to exceed transfers in ... or we had to take a very small 2022 class out of HS. I don't like losing Ky or Anderson, but all in all I think PJ and crew have done a great job of using transfers to address needs caused by departures of super seniors and NFL declarants.

PJ has lost a lot more than he has gained. Hopefully there is still time to make up the difference.
We knew half a year ago that the Gophers needed a bunch of players to transfer if they were going to sign an incoming class of reasonable size.

Mission accomplished. I’ll miss Anderson and Thomas, but the rest were probably players we would have picked to be the ones to move on.

Losing players at positions of depth and adding players at positions of need sounds like a perfect mix of filling in gaps and providing opportunities for recruits already in the system.
Seems to me like they know what they are doing.

Lost to the portal or graduation/NFL?

Have to believe the young guys will step up.
The portal. Seems like a lot more guys left than are transferring in.

Top Bottom