Rashod Bateman sets NFL record with rookie contract

I wish I had 6.5 million and the opportunity to nearlt double it within four years. Good for him!

Awesome. As a first round pick they were going to invest a lot in his success anyway but great to see them make a big financial investment in him.

Must have a very good agent...

Anyone recall how this compares to Antoine's rookie contract?

images

How much room is there to negotiate in draft contracts?

Last I heard ... a LONG time ago, they were largely within a set range?

How much room is there to negotiate in draft contracts?

Last I heard ... a LONG time ago, they were largely within a set range?
yeah, I thought they were fairly well slotted at this point. How it's paid out, etc I think is negotiated but I thought the total dollars was pretty well defined??

I imagine he'll start getting all the fundraising letters and e-mails like I get from my graduate level alma mater.

yeah, I thought they were fairly well slotted at this point. How it's paid out, etc I think is negotiated but I thought the total dollars was pretty well defined??
I thought so too. The article makes it sound like the record/noteworthy aspect is that the deal is fully guaranteed for the 27th pick.

I wonder if this will spur future Gopher NFL prospects to look at Bateman's agent to represent them as well.

I thought so too. The article makes it sound like the record/noteworthy aspect is that the deal is fully guaranteed for the 27th pick.

Yup, the fact is fully guaranteed is whats unique i think

Top Bottom