Rashod Bateman gets extended in Baltimore!

Great for Rashod, his pro career hasn't really taken off yet through his first 3 years but hopefully he can keep grinding and become a bigger part of their offense over the next few.

Congrats to Rashad for getting that 2nd deal after the rookie contract. I've heard the coaching staff say good things about him, which explains the extension. However, it seems like he always gets a little dinged up and he is out for stints of 2-3 games. In the Pros it seems like availability is always a big thing when you're getting paid. I think if he could play full season he could get that performance he's looking for.

Hope he can get healthy and be a significant player.

Last year nearly half of their receptions were by Zay Flowers or the TE's. He played in 16 games and went 32-367-1.

Only played in 7 games in 2022 due to injury.

2021 was third on the team in receptions and yards (46-515-1).

Odell is gone, so Rashod is their WR2/3 (Nelson Agahlor) as of now. Good to see they think enough of him to extend. Hoping for a solid and healthy year.

2 things got him that extension. 1)Injuries have held him back and the potential has been evident when healthy. 2)The Ravens are a different sort of offense than most of the NFL. The receiving numbers may not be video game like, but they value taking advantage of the opportunities you do get and being a willing blocker. The Ravens have made numerous mentions of appreciation of Bateman's willingness for tough extended stretches of blocking on running plays. It can be tough to find those guys in the NFL. Time as a Gopher may have instilled that.

I have seen a lot of drops from Bateman. He was lucky to be a 1st round pick, I hope he continues to improve.

Happy for him but also think a change in scenery might help. Tough place to do well as a WR, especially as a #2/3 WR.

Top Bottom