Ranking the best coaching jobs in College Football šŸˆ (MN: 38)

A few that surprise me as to how high they are (just off the top of my head): Michigan State, South Carolina, Mizzou, Ole Miss.

I donā€™t see Illinois on the list. From a coaching opportunity perspective Iā€™d think they are Top 40? Who else are potential candidates?
(Other than Colorado :) )
The list kind of seems like for the Gophers to be in that 25-40 for recruiting and rankings etc is where we should be. Not a lot of football schools after 40-50?

I'm surprised Houston is that low. With them joining the Big 12 I think they're a good landing spot for coaches. I think someone could win big there.

A few that surprise me as to how high they are (just off the top of my head): Michigan State, South Carolina, Mizzou, Ole Miss.
Michigan State and Ole Miss could be high because of coaches salary? Tucker and Kiffin were both paid handsomely after one good season.

South Carolina fills their stadium in good times (Spurrier) and bad (Muschamp). Good facilities. Mizzou is a mystery though.

Which power 5ā€™s arenā€™t listed? I think I see Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers, Cal, Arizona, Washington State, Oregon State, Iowa State, Kansas, BYU, Duke, Syracuse, Virginia, and Wake Forest all missing from the list.

Illinois seems like a place you could win at. Solid in state talent pool. Iowa seems like they could be a fringe bowl team with the wrong coaching hire. BYU is a unique situation with the Mormon affiliation, but they seem decently successful. And I guess weā€™ll see if Wisconsin is a place where just anyone can rattle off 9 wins without Barry Alvarezā€™ guiding hand.

I imagine these lists of ā€œbest jobsā€ are more a list of programs that are historically and/or recently successful and considered an easy place to win. But as far as an appealing job, Iā€™d think potential for success and how likely you are to get fired for not reaching that potential would factor in as well.

Nebraska is too high. Poor recruiting location. Unrealistic expectations from the fan base.

Top Bottom