Ranking Maryland's New 2020 Opponents from Toughest to Easiest (7. Minnesota, November 21)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per SI:

7. Minnesota (November 21)

The Golden Gophers were the biggest surprise in arguably all of college football last season after going 11-2 before capping it off with a bowl win over Auburn. Heading into 2020, new offensive coordinator Mike Sanford will have tools at his disposal as he welcomes back start quarterback Tanner Morgan, but star wide receiver Rashod Bateman announced on Tuesday that he will opt out of the upcoming season to likely point to Chris Autman-Bell as the Gophers’ go-to receiver. While the offense will look to pick up from last year’s success, the defense will have to replace star safety Antoine Winfield and linebackers Kamal Martin and Thomas Barber from a defense that allowed under 23 points per game. The road team has won three of the five matchups between the two programs as Maryland will host the Gophers this fall, but only once has the matchup stayed within a one-possession game.

Go Gophers!!

Tough schedule for the Terps.

Lots of people high on the Hoosiers this year (SI ranks the hoosiers game as a tougher one than Gophers). I can't say I watched a minute of Hoosier football last year and I missed our game with the Hoosier the year before. They got that big lefty QB...I'll try and tune in if we get the chance this year.

Tough schedule for the Terps.

Lots of people high on the Hoosiers this year (SI ranks the hoosiers game as a tougher one than Gophers). I can't say I watched a minute of Hoosier football last year and I missed our game with the Hoosier the year before. They got that big lefty QB...I'll try and tune in if we get the chance this year.
Probably a home road decision on which game is tougher

Probably a home road decision on which game is tougher

For sure...

It does bring up the question, though, is it that big of an advantage playing at home this year? Is playing in Camp Randall going to be intimidating? Will they still play Jump Around before the 4th quarter?

For sure...

It does bring up the question, though, is it that big of an advantage playing at home this year? Is playing in Camp Randall going to be intimidating? Will they still play Jump Around before the 4th quarter?
Depends on if you have to wear a haz mat suit on your plane ride

Top Bottom